I want new friends in bulgaria and other places

i hope to move from america someday soon!46 yr old female,nice,cool.serious minded person,wants nice laid back peacful life,no drinking/drugs.would like friends,contaacts,info.

Hello jeannie1.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

hi-back!

Hi Jeannie,
Would you be wanting to live by the coast or in a rural location,i myself have been to Bulgaria to purchase a property twice in the last month,and i think that the property is in the perfect rural location for me.The village is called Slavyanovo very near a large town called Popovo which is very good,you can get all you need from there.
I know a lot of people think Bulgaria is under developed which it is but you can see a lot of work going on and they are getting there.
Anyway i hope you find your perfect place in Bulgaria i know i have.

Regards Norman

hi-buster-norman-where do you live or come from to go to bulgaria-i would like to live in the country setting-rural would be great,i am on the poorish side so,the cheaper the better,i get alot of negative feedback from people here about wanting to move there or anywhere out side of usa-but i am sick of it here....i dont need or want a big fancy life,just the basics is fine with me,i am a country girl,love animals,no problem with working hard or getting dirty either,i worry more about my safty though-i was told by real estate agent on e-net-that i would need to get a biz thing to buy property there,and i dont know about being able to stay permently,but would need to be able to-as i cant afford to be leaving and comming back from anywhere,i do have a passport as i went to canada once to go to alaska-only trip i ever went on a few yrs back.i wonder if i shouldnt just look for someone to marry in other country!!!perfer gay man or platonic relationship as i am a celebate type chick-woman..i have saved up some money,but how much would one need and for how long would it last???i saw that banks ther pay7 %intress on money-but find that hard to believe...would say???-$10,000-us dollars buy a life there!!!?? thanks for any info.ps-oh just saw yr profile see u r from england

Hi Jeannie,

I see no-one has given you much idea so far so for what it's worth....
Yes Bulgaria is cheap to live but you still need money to pay the bills. $10,000 (about 15k and a bit Leva)won't get you far and what you could buy will most likely need knocking down and rebuilding if it doesn't fall down first. Unless the 10k doesn't include the property in which case after buying the property and paying the associated costs I reckon you would probably need about $300 a month to get going and you could possibly reduce that a bit when you get the garden going well. Just don't forget that the weather can play havoc with growing things, it's not easy keeping it all going when it is alternately washed out or roasted dry. Don't believe you can get good crops organically like the Bulgarians do because they don't. Everyone I've known for the past six years here uses chemical products to keep the bugs out and they spray regularly.

I don't know the regs for U.S citizens getting BG residency so you will need to find out before you buy.

I'm pretty sure there are other places that are cheap to live in and easier for Americans to stay but if you think BG is the place for you I would suggest coming here first to explore a bit.

Good luck.
Ian

thanks for the info-i am just having pipe dreams of moving far away....dont believe all you hear about america either-its not near as nice or good as people will have you think....

Dreams are good and they can come true or turn into a nightmare :).I know the US is a bit of a nightmare now, if you do want more BG info just ask.
Ian