New members of the Bulgaria forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Bulgaria forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Bulgaria if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, My name is Simon. I just joined the site as I am very interested in a move to Bulgaria. The main thing that I need help with is finding a job. I don’t speak Bulgarian (yet) so it needs to be an English speaking role. I have experience in office work and pharmacy. Any help that I receive would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Hi Everyone! We moved from South Africa to Poland a month ago. (My husband is Polish) We are seriously considering settling in Bułgaria, so I am excited to be part of this group and to learn as much as possible...  :D

Hi I'm Del, originally from Cardiff in the UK. Moved to Boyanovo via Turkey over 7 years ago now. Loving it and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Hi i am John, I have just joined the site today, but have been in Bulgaria now for 7 years. I do get lonley at times, and needing to find some new friends.

Hi all
Newbie here. We have travelled to Bulgaria a few times and done our research.
We are looking for a house outwith a city but within easy reach of civilisation.We intend to use our house to holiday then finally retire.
I am open all suggestions and advice from all expats and advice.
I am looking for information on a village near Elhovo called Seem?
Can't find anything.

Thanks Steven.

Hi Steven,
You are taking about living deep in Bulgaria, region with Muslim roots, besides that beautiful area.
Maybe could be better closer to bigger city like Plovdiv, hospital and facilities.
If you need other info check [link moderated][link moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 2 weeks ago
Reason : External website
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

We've just bought a property up in the Vratsa region, and will be emigrating in June.
Hoping to do a green B and B for other Nomads who are looking at doing the move.
We'll be doing the full monty  on everything Bulgarian... Even enrolling the kids in school.
Pretty excited to say the least... This is our last international move I hope (Australia> Canada> Scotland)
Send us a message to say hiya 🌺

Welcome on board ScotNatAussie! Hope you will like it here!!!

Thanks so much mate :)
Much appreciated

My name is Ann and I'm from Cornwall, UK. My husband and I are planning a permanent move to Bulgaria later this year. We have 2 dogs and so need somewhere with a huge garden
Looking to buy a property but can't decide where.
Any advice on the best climate would be welcome (the driest). We've seen enough rain in the UK lately!
We are thinking maybe South East?
Also, I can't seem to find any info on rental properties, only holiday rentals, which are really expensive. Any ideas?
Thanks all 😊

Hello Anniebee,

And welcome to Bulgaria forum.
Since you're looking for a dry climate, then you should definately consider South-East, South and South-West. This means towns like (starting from the Black sea) Elhovo, Nova Zagora, Jambol, Stara Zagora, Chirpan, Haskovo, Svilengrad, Harmanli, Liubimetz, Kardjali, Blagoevdrad, Gotze Delchev, Melnik, Kula and all surrounding villages.
Also the central part - Plovdiv, Pazardjik, Septemvri, Sadovo, Parvomai ...

Noth, North-East and even North-West has also dry areas, but not as much.

As for rental properties, probably you're not looking in to the right websites. What exactly is the rental property type that you need ?

Thanks kristiann

I am looking for somewhere cheap and rural to rent while we look around. Somewhere we can take the dogs and become like locals.  The only places I can find are holiday rentals, mostly apartments in complexes which are not only expensive but unsuitable 😞

"Normal" rental web sites I know are in Bulgarian (such as