Hi, anyone interested in business?

Hi, I am a Singaporean, looking for Vietnamese business partners in HCMC. Have a current business plan now involving Vietnamese market. If you are Vietnamese expats staying in Malaysia or Singapore, do let me know as well!

What type of business do you plan on starting?

Mickey

HI

Can you send to my email your messages, we will discuss for further details. if you are still finding business partner.

please send to my email: [email protected]

Thanks/regards,

Van

Joint ventures with VN have a checkered history and very  mixed successes.

Using VN citizens as a 'front' for all the bureaucracy and form filling is OK, but as soon as money is involved dangers arise. VN citizens educated in the West even experience problems.

Singaporean culture is one of obedience and compliance with law, the Vietnamese tend to be the opposite. Bribes in Singapore are more the exception, whereas it is THE way in VietNam.

There is a government web site you might like to study: < http://www.business.gov.vn/index.aspx >.

I have interests in two types of business here. One is a commercial company and mini-hotels.

What can be easier than a mini-hotel? The paperwork is the first hurdle,then there is the Labour Act (under revision), setting up accounting with the important column headed Incidental Expenses. This is the column for bribes, unsupported with receipts!!

Because the Cong An (People's Police) have the right to 'inspect' a hotel 24 hours daily and to remove guests (re-direct to other hotels)  they can be a pain if they want to be. I had notices posted, in Vietnamese, saying that no bribes will be paid without permission, in writing, signed by the senior officer.

We  have CCTV all over our reception area so the police are very reluctant to visit.

Even ordinary business are vulnerable. If they want to hassle you, they target your parking.

You will always need your representative in your VN office to keep an eye on things.

Shapecontrol,

Yeah, what type of business are you looking to start?  The time frame that you are looking at?  How much in investment?

Howie