Meet-Up

Hey Expat.comgers,

Lets plan for a meet-up in Manila on any weekends of this month. Plz reply if your interested to join with your opinions & suggestions. :):cheers:
Ratz

take care of yourself while in phil., troubles are just round the corner. dont go out alone always with someone you trust ok. just a friendly reminder. im filipino but living in jeddah. im saying this because i am afraid living with my own country but infairness  we filipinos are warmed and loving. ok...

@Abdulazziz Emman- maybe you could start a new topic concerning security in Philippines on the Philippines forum.
--------------------------------------

Hi Ratz,

It is a good idea! :)

Hi Abdulla,

Iam staying here past 6 months and I didn;t face any problems so far. Also i travel in jeepney and tri cycles more than cab ang go alone for shopping. I love filipinos and they are very friendly and caring than all other countries.

:cheers:
Ratz

Thnx Christine,

I already organized 2 gettogether in Manila so far and I got many good friends.. :cool:
Hats off to Expat-Blog.com :thanks::cheers:
Ratz

Good for you ratheesh. However, it's true, you still gotta be careful and cautious in meeting new people. I've gone to some meetups through a travel blog site and have met random people, some are quite awkward, and some are quite nice and pleasant to be with. I have made new "friendships" and some are just not worth to be in contact with again. So yup, there are pro's and con's!... Maybe you should get a new career here as an event organizer? :P lol

Anyways, keep us posted about this get together. Maybe this time I could join. Hopefully the venue would be somewhere in Makati City though. QC is just too far from where I am. :)

haha lol :D
i love to be an event organizer too.. :cool:
ya true cookey, there are pro's and con's here in Ph and every countries does have.. :P
we shud be more carefull and alert while roaming outisde.. :rolleyes:

Ya i will post the venue and timings.. mostly makati or ortigas area..  :cool::cheers:
Ratz

im in if lots of people are coming. hehe :D

Hey folks,

Lets plan for a meet up on June 23rd or 30th evening @ Makati or Ortigas area. Plz tell your suggestions.. :cool::cheers:
Ratz

..How i wish i could join!!! ;)

Have fun you guys :)

can't make it on the 23rd. I'm ok on the 30th.

cookeymuncher wrote:

can't make it on the 23rd. I'm ok on the 30th.

Ok cookey, if all guys prefer on 30th, then wil meet up on that day.. :cool:

Dear All'

Philippines is a safe place for foreigners. We are very friendly and happy people.

if only i could join you guys...

Enjoy =)

MMmmmm I might be able to join on the 30th as well. hey if you need train cards, the stored value ones I am selling my used MRT cards for 100pesos for 2 used value cards. ( NOw that's what I call smooth segway) LOL jk!

ok fine.. :D

Lets have Meet-up on june 30th.. :top:
Plz share your ideas for best meet-up place..:cool:

somewhere in makati:
greenbelt ? little tokyo? or ayala park triangle? :)

I will be joining too.

I just got an info last night and I think, I would be going to a "Coffeeoke Night" on june 30th (sat) 7PM. I'll be going there with a friend. The fee is P120. I don't know what it would include but I would be going there 95% sure (unless there would be another typhoon coming on that day). LOL.

The Group of Makati Feast are the organizers of that event. And I've been attending that for almost 2 years here in Makati. So if you or any one would like to join, that would be cool. It would be an option to mingle with others too. :)

Note: For those who would like to have any alcohol drinks.. I can't assure you guys that they have that out there (since it's a coffee shop) LOL... For those who would like to have a chit chat and have some coffee (and maybe try their gutz to sing), maybe you could try this out. :D

(for those who'd like to know the details and interested to join, just send me message so we can contact each other how to meet and get there. either way, I hope you guys enjoy the get-together (wherever it is) I know there would be more expat-blog get-togethers in the future...) :D

Tnx cookey.. :thanks:

I think we can all meet up on 'coffeeoke night' on june 30th..
Cookey plz post how to register for it and other details. So we all guys can meetup over there.. :cool:

Here's what I read last night from The Feast Makati newsletter:

WHAT: "Coffeeoke Night"
WHEN: June 30 (Saturday) 7PM
WHERE: Tully's Coffee Shop G/F McKinley Park Residences, 31st cor 3rd Ave, Bonifacio Global City Taguig City, Metro Manila

JOINING FEE: P120

Thnx a lot cookey.. :thanks:

Guys.. then lets meet up @ BGC Taguig for a "Coffeeoke Night" on June 30th..:cool:

Lets chit-chat while sipping coffee and build new Frndz.. :D

I am in as long as its nearby

Ratheesh Ram wrote:

Guys.. then lets meet up @ BGC Taguig for a "Coffeeoke Night" on June 30th..:cool:

Can we take a count who and how many would be going?
I would like to join, but since I'm coming from more far (Las Pinas City) I wouldn't like to drive there just to find out that no ones there.

you are right petrih.... il be joining... i hope to meet new friends

petrih wrote:
Ratheesh Ram wrote:

I would like to join, but since I'm coming from more far (Las Pinas City) I wouldn't like to drive there just to find out that no ones there.

Hi Petrih, Las pinas is nearer compared to where I would come from (Cavite) going to the Fort. :D

Going there should be quite easy, although only buses and taxi are accessible within the area of BGC.

I'll be with a friend and we'll be heading straight to the venue. Maybe we should contact each other once we're there at the venue?...or maybe Ratheesh can help how to assemble the Expat.comgers who would like to join. What do u think Rathz? :)

hey guys.. :cool:

Sure we will meet up this on 30th evening @ Fort.
Attendees so far:

1) cookey
2) Princess fiona
3) Kaori
4) Petrih
5) Wildsail
6) Resuri Ann
7) Kitori
8) Ratheesh

Plz copy my no for any inquiries also cookey u can post your no too.
P.S: Plz bring ur frnz too.. ;):cheers:
Ratz

I might be in.

Click the link for map:
Tully's Coffee Shop,
3rd Avenue corner 31st St.,
Bonifacio Global City,
Taguig

http://maps.google.com/?f=d&daddr=McKin … hilippines:cool:

Ratheesh Ram wrote:

Click the link for map:
Tully's Coffee Shop,
3rd Avenue corner 31st St.,
Bonifacio Global City,
Taguig

http://maps.google.com/?f=d&daddr=McKin … hilippines:cool:

Thanks Ratz. I might just take a taxi or Fort city bus. :)

can we meet in makati, that place seem quite far!

Hey guys,

Would like to join but since I got no car is it possible for a car pooling? Hey

Petri- is it possible for us the Makati people to meet here first then all together for the venue?   

Best Regards,
Neth

Sorry , I haven't updated my current city yet but I am now in Makati. Would be nice Cookeymuncher if the venue is Makati...I really wanted to join..

Not sure what's the current plan.

Sorry guys..

Suddenly its not possible to change the venue.. :|
Also Makati is too far who all coming from north manila.
So lets meetup @ Fort.. :D

jobprovider wrote:

Sorry , I haven't updated my current city yet but I am now in Makati. Would be nice Cookeymuncher if the venue is Makati...I really wanted to join..

The venue is @ The Fort, I cannot change it since I only saw that invite in a newsletter of Makati Feast and thought I should go there and invite and suggest it to you guys to try it out there... :)

I will be heading straight to Tully's with my friend; I have an appointment with a doctor before meeting my friend, so I can only have a chance to see you guys at the venue.

I'll just meet you all at the venue. I left my contact number to Ratheesh and then we'll contact once you guys are there. I dunno what's Ratheesh plan if he can arrange a place to assemble you guys before heading to the venue.

I will be coming from pasig to market market @ fort, from there i will hire taxi or take BGC bus to Rizal Drive..

So guys we can assemble at market-market if u want..
plz let me know.. :cool:

Thnx
Ratz

I saw their registration yesterday at AIM Makati and paid the reg fee there. You guys can still pay for the reg fee at the venue tomorrow... see you all at Tully's

foodiefromthemetro.com/2011/12/tullys-coffee.html

If you have any songs for request, prepare them! :D lol I heard they have a live band. Yesterday they have this log book where we wrote down some songs we want the band to play for us so they can practice it. :)

Please text me for any updates at 09196982514- Neth

Thanks! (",)

jobprovider wrote:

Please text me for any updates at 09196982514- Neth

Thanks! (",)

Ok got your number Neth.