Places to visit in Manila

Hi,

For the ones living in Manila, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Manila, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Manila?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Manila bay, old spanish down .

I also wanna see other answer ,pls let me know it too.

Thanks

Hello,
Manila is crowded and traffic. Its city, so basically the places that are nice to visit and spend time are..

-Malls i.e Mall of Asia and the bay view behind it located in Pasay City and North Edsa Mall in Quezon City. Glorietta Mall and Grenbelt especially Grenbelt 4 is a nice place to hang around. It sourrounded with gardens.

-China town close to the cheap shopping places Divisoria and 168.
-Greenhills, try to visit.

-Luneta Park and front of Luneta Park is Ocean Park, you'll meet the fish. They also do a fountain show and check out the underground bar with Jacuzzi. So far, that's the nicest bar and place I've ever seen here in Manila. If you're inside the bar, looks like you're inside the cave. It is part of H2O Hotel, check out the hotel as well, I recommend it to you. Nice modern rooms.

I'm sure there are many..
Goodluck and enjoy...

KJ

Why does everyone list malls as a place to visit?  Except for the Kultural shop, nothing special.

I take them for the weekend dive in Anilao or a drive up to Tagaytay for dinner at Antonios. Baguio is to hectic for a weekend.

dhnindc wrote:

Why does everyone list malls as a place to visit?  Except for the Kultural shop, nothing special.

I take them for the weekend dive in Anilao or a drive up to Tagaytay for dinner at Antonios. Baguio is to hectic for a weekend.

Hi Julie

Please see below info,

For Nothern Luzon,
Baguio,
Pangasinan (hundred islands)
Subic Bay
La Union
More on beaches except Baguio.

Central Luzon (Metro Manila/nearby places)
The Fort - Night Life
Malls (Greenbelt & Etc),
Hotels (H20, Ascott & etc)
Pasay (Resorts World Manila or MOA)

South Luzon
Nuvali
Los Banos (Hot Spring)
Tagatay (More on sight seeing)
Batangas (Beaches)
Alabang (Hotels and Malls)

In Batangas/Tagaytay don't miss to eat Bulalo:)

dhnindc wrote:

P.S.
Sonia's Garden in Tagaytay is the best place to eat.

Sonias - If you like lettuce and spaghetti.

When my German friends came over, I brought them to Tagaytay had our breakfast and lunch there, after that we went to Laiya, Batangas for nice beach. Had some water sports there and before we go back Manila, we went to Villa Escudero. It's 30 minutes drive from Laiya. And we've done it in two days :)

Hello :)

Thank you all for your contribution :)

Regards.

Karen :)

dhnindc wrote:

I think Karren just wanted to answer the specific question of Julie which is the places to visit in "Manila" and not on the other part or region. If thats what Julie really meant.

Cheers!

My best day in Manila consisted of taking a boat from the Manila Yacht Club to Corregidor island.  It is much as it was after an American paratroop drop retook it from the Japanese in 1945.  You can visit the tunnels and see the old bombed out barracks up top, plus many of the guns are in position as placed there over a hundred years ago.  They have plates on them that say things like  "Bethlehem Steel 1908."  Monkeys again roam the island (many were eaten in the dark days of 1942 before the 5/6/42 surrender to the Japanese)and there are many beautiful birds.  It is a 45 minute boat ride from the Yacht Club, and there is a bus that tours the island included in the package.

For the first timer in Manila..Manila Ocean Park,,the Intramuros.SM Mall of Asia and our new Manila Mayor Ex President Joseph Estrada..anything else...guys

Hello,
I knew the vicinity outside Manila, however, the person asked Minala,not outisde. That's why I answered what she asked.
I believe it makes sense

She first said Region and then Manila. So that encompasses anything within a days drive in my opinion.

Anyway, its a question put up by a "Team" member trying to drive traffic to this site. Not a question from an actual tourist.

For travels i would always suggest intramuros :) get a good tour guide and discover Manila's rich history. Corregidor is a great option as well. Packaged tours can be arranged online. No hassle at all as the ferry, lunch, tour guide are all included. You will visit an island and hour away from Manila and see tunnels an canyons during the world war :)

For party i would always go for Republiq in Resorts World :) the fort in taguig also is home to good clubs and crowds in Manila and lots of places to chill as well. Plus its safer than Malate :p

Shopping will depend on budget. If you like high end brands go to greenbelt 1-5  in Makati. If you like bargains go to greenhills or Saint Francis square in ortigas. Lots of great bargains there for clothes and shoes :)

Resuri_Ann wrote:

For travels i would always suggest intramuros :) get a good tour guide and discover Manila's rich history. Corregidor is a great option as well. Packaged tours can be arranged online. No hassle at all as the ferry, lunch, tour guide are all included. You will visit an island and hour away from Manila and see tunnels an canyons during the world war :)

For party i would always go for Republiq in Resorts World :) the fort in taguig also is home to good clubs and crowds in Manila and lots of places to chill as well. Plus its safer than Malate :p

Shopping will depend on budget. If you like high end brands go to greenbelt 1-5  in Makati. If you like bargains go to greenhills or Saint Francis square in ortigas. Lots of great bargains there for clothes and shoes :)

Repubic is the best! Julie for GL pls let me know!:)

Linux wrote:

For the first timer in Manila..Manila Ocean Park,,the Intramuros.SM Mall of Asia and our new Manila Mayor Ex President Joseph Estrada..anything else...guys

boom! Lol (w/ Mr. Lim:)

Here's a common itinerary for tourist (for Luzon):

Manila old and new city tour.
Tagaytay and Taal volcano tour.
Shooting the rapids of pagsanjan falls.

Mt. Pinatubo tour for strong trekkers only.
Puning hot spring Koreans only (their are few other nationalities.
Subic bay is for Asean tourist only not unless you have kids with you.
Baguio city is for tourist living in a tropical country.
Sagada is for everyone but it is too crowded now.
Banaue rice terraces. Well... it is the 8th wonders of the world.
Legaspi for mayon volcano and whale shark watching... thou whale shark watching is far more better in Leyte.
Ultralight plane ride... it made me want to sky dive one day.
Vigan. So many people wanted to see this place end disappointed due to the loooong distance. IMHO, Vigan is a side trip for Pagudpud trip.

Laiya Batangas... nice beach.
Anilao... great for diving!

What else...

From sagada to Baguio, you will traveerse the Halsema highway were you can see the vast vegetable terraces and a side trip to see the Kabayan mummies!

Whatelse...

Vigan is at least 10 hours by bus.

Hi,

actually Manila today is way different from the old one, its highly urbanized now, and places to go to is very limited, manila is actually your starting point to else where you want to. more places to visit in visayan and mindanao area actually.