Moving Soon

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are moving to Panama in a month or two. Will be living in the El Cangrejo area of PC.  We purchased a condo but now need some suggestions on a good installer for air conditioning system and hot water heater.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ski

Hello Ski.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Thanks,

Ski

The store where you purchase the air conditioning units will give you names and numbers for the installers.  For warranty purposes the installation must be done by accredited people - those whom the store provides information on.  For example, if you purchase Panasonic air conditioning units the installation will be done by Panansonic certified installers, hence your warranty remains valid.

As for hot water heater installation, any gas fitter can do the job.  The store where you buy it may be able to give you some names.  If not, ask around the building (neighbors, security, administration).  They will most likely have a guy or two that they reply upon on a regular basis.  If you have no luck, email me privately and I will give you the name of the guy who did ours, among other things.  Very good worker and reasonable rates.

Panama Jane,

Thanks for the info.

Ski

Will do Ed.  It will be a couple months before we get down.

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. We have a licensed contracter to install AC & water heater.

We have mover scheduled to view our items being shipped.

Pretty much set up now.  Incidentally if any ex-pats living in Panama City are looking to meet like minded people you may want to try - InterNations.org  They have monthly get togethers at a different restaurant with half priced drinks and special menu items. They are now starting smaller group meetings for those sharing similar interests. Like setting up a dart league or whatever interests you.

Best regards,

Ski
Steve Wasylkowski