How is Germany's economic situations and its army?

hi, my name is Alberian, I like Germany very much and I have studied many parts of Germany's history. Germany has often been a vary strong and powerful country and maybe if there wasn't any world war, It was the greatest and the most advanced country in the world. now I've heared that Germany has recently became free to make an army. since 2012, is it true? and please tell me about the situation of economics in Germany.how is economic crisis?how much has the situation improved? I know Germany is the richest european country. I want to come to Germany in the future, perhaps 2 or 3 years later, I am curious to know about this country.please tell me about Germany and its culture.tank you very much!
     Alberian

Hi Alberian,

I like Germany too, and I am trying to emigrate to this country since a year now but it's really difficult for me.

Yes, Germany is a great nation since 1870 but I don't agree when you say : "...and maybe if there wasn't any world war, It was the greatest and the most advanced country in the world..."

Because Germany was directly involved in the 2 World Wars and the 2nd World War boosted the German economy and industry.

Besides that, the country was divided in two after 1945.

Finally, Germany can't become the most advanced country in the word because it is not large enough (area) and not enough populated.

Germany has an army, but not as strong as the 3rd Reich.

Germany remains Europe's largest economy in 2012, and the 2nd World exporter of manufactured goods after China :rolleyes:

Cheers :D

Alberian wrote:

I've heared that Germany has recently became free to make an army. since 2012, is it true?

West Germany had an army (called "Bundeswehr" in German) since 1955, East Germany ("Nationale Volksarmee") since 1956. They were combined after unification in 1990, but its strength has declined considerably since fall of the iron curtain, as there exists no major military threat any more and the money is better spent elsewhere.

Alberian wrote:

how is economic crisis?how much has the situation improved? I know Germany is the richest european country.

German economy is currently booming, no crisis.
But it is by far not the richest:
Calculated at purchasing power (i.e. comparing how much you can get for your money, rather than using currency numbers), Luxembourg, Norway, Switzerland, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden and Austria have a higher income per head than Germany. This ranking (published by the world bank, see http://siteresources.worldbank.org/DATA … /GNIPC.pdf) excludes tiny countries like Liechtenstein, Monaco, etc., which are also certainly much richer.