Infant in Accra

I hope you don't mind me asking you.  My husband and two children ( 3 months and 2 years old ) are considering moving to Accra for a job my husband has been offer.
I am very concerned about the health of my children, specially my infant baby who is 3 months old.
I am mostly worried about Malaria, polio, yellow fever and others, do you live there, did you move your family and baby there.
I want to experience life there if I move, I don't want to be stress or super worried about my children getting sick.
I am also worried about getting decent food, specially milk and yogurt and meats and etc.
Hope you can please help me.

Hi bebitame!

Welcome to Expat.com!
Hope you will obtain useful advices soon.

Regards
Armand

DonŽt worry many infants have moved to Ghana with no prolems. If you are in Accra you will find everything you van find in the Western world.

Malaria mosquitos only bite at night and with AC, generator and a bednet the baby will be fine. Every fever should be checked though and the treatment is less complicated than if you get it in Europe.

We moved here to get more time for the children so the quality of life has increased compared to the stress of Northern Europe.

I assume that your child is taking the vaccination programme in your country so just bring the card and continue here.

V