Process for Iqama Transfer for Private Offices

Hello Everyone,

I have been working in the Kingdom for more than 2 years now.

I am lucky enough to be granted a transferable iqama working for a Private Office of the prince. They have no objection of me employed to another company.

I have all the papers I need, 2 letters namely Transfer Letter address to Labor office and address to Passport office, but since I am from the Prince Private office no stamp needed from the Chamber of Commerce.

I have submitted all the paper to my new employer, but they want a stamp from the Riyadh Embassy (AMARA).

The problem is my old employer told me that the stamp from AMARA is not needed.

What am I supposed to do..is it possible for me to go to AMARA and ask for a stamp my self. Or the papers are ready to be process for transfer iqama..?

Thanks in advance...

Hi Francis and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

Emara means 'Principality' not Embassy :)

Anyways, stamping is not a big deal. Your employer is asking for it. See if you can convince him or no. If he doesn't agree, just go to Emara and get it done yourself. As long as prince signature are on the paper, they must not have any issues with stamping.

Thanks for the positive reply guys..

Hi Legendleads...Is it possible for me to ask for a stamp at EMARA?, because what I heard, only saudi nationals are allowed to process the papers there.

Also my paper doesn't have a signature from the Prince, only signed by the Palace Manager, will this be accepted for processing. The palace secretary told me that all my papers are ready for processing or am I being mislead.

I will ask my new employer to speak with the Palace and come up with a way regarding my situation.

Thanks for the help..
I will update you soon..

francisthesecond wrote:

I will ask my new employer to speak with the Palace and come up with a way regarding my situation.

That's the best bet @francisthesecond. Do keep us posted.