Life in Rabat

Hello/Salam to all,

My name is Veronica and I'm 29yrs old and a mother of 3 small children. My husband and I just relocated to Rabat in hopes that our children will benefit from all that Morocco has to offer.

So far it has been very difficult to adjust. I look foward to meeting other expats, hopefully with children, that would occassionally like to meet up for an outing or a simple cup of coffee.

Welcome to Expat.com Veronica!;)

Harmonie.

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping to be in Rabat in June for at least a few months.  Is there such a thing (or am I dreaming?) as a small, ok apartment in a fairly good area with lots of life around for around $450 U.S./month?  I'm used to living in a small space here in Mexico.  A couple of criteria are: a Western-style toilet and no exposure to cigarette smoke (I'm highly allergic and have asthma).  I could also share with someone.  Agdal (apart from being more expensive) is probably too Westernized to suit me, but I wouldn't rule it out.  Thanks for any guidance you can give me.
Alexa

Hi!  I'm American & I'm planning to move to Rabat within the next two months.  I'm both excited & nervous.  I would love to hear about your experiences thus far.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! -- Salma

Salma,

Not sure if u have a facebook account, but there are several groups that are for Americans living in Morocco or English speakers that live in Morocco. Making friends has helped me tremendously.

Yes I do have facebook!  That's a great idea!  I will do a search there!  Thanks so much!!!~~Salma

How old r your lil ones? I am moving to Rabat in November and will b taking my 4yo and a 1 yo. How has it been with children there? Nice parks for scootering around? Suggestions on activities with the lil ones? :) I am hoping on  keeping my older one taking English speaking swimming lessons...