Mobily giving free exchange from WiMax to 4G LTE Connect routers

Hi All,

I recently started getting Mobily messages on my WiMax router saying there was a problem and Mobily would give me a free 4G LTE router and new contract if I go into a store.

Finally after a week the messages became more frequent and today my wimax stopped working.

So tonight I took the old wimax router (actually only 2 months old with still 4 months left on the contract!) to Mobily. After waiting for nearly an hour as the place was packed, they handed over a new 4G LTE router for no charge. I asked the sales manif the contact was still for 4 months as that's what was left on old contact and he said no it is for 1 year. Great I thought!

Anyway got home connected the new router and straight away I'm getting around 2.5mbs download which I cant complain about compared to wimax (still way down on what 4G LTE should give though).

Finally while feeling quite happy I get an email from Mobily confirming the contact number and stating it expires on 1/06/2012 and after then I'll need to recharge it.
..Imediately I'm thinking the sales guy has lied for an easy life and this whole exercise from mobily is nothing more than a way to get people off wimax and onto 4G LTE for which they will no doubt  charge a much higher fee.

Anyone in the know on this subject? No information on the Mobily website at all regarding 4G LTE or charges?????

For me the network service was good on WiMax router, from last week i started facing problem break down on network and informed the technical support they said go to any mobily service and replace let them your know your facing network break down problem. When i go there they didn't ask anything just replaced WiMax to 4g lite, its ok, i can rate 4g lite 2 stars.

Hi Wilson, what about the duration of the contract tough. Did you get an email confirming when it expires?

thanks

@ hamlay nope i didn't receive any email from mobily, its clearly mentioned on the subscriber hard copy about the date valid.

Not only Mobily, their mother company 'Etisalat' also notorious for stab backs. So, no surprizes. If they are planning on winding up WiMax, they must do it prompt & professional. This is not the way.

Last week STC installed fiber optics cables in my area. Am looking forward to a break-through.

Salam !

When my internet was too slow, I got the same advise from Mobily Call Center and exchanged my Wimax device to 4G LTE router. I too got the message of subscription expiry (1 month), even though I am supposed to have it until september as per old contract. But when checked with Call Center again, they informed that I still have expiry until September, as earlier.

I have no clue who is correct. Nor do I know the renewal charges of LTE packages.

Hatsofff to mobily for keeping things classiffied, and not being transparent !

Lets see how it goes :)

Cheers.

Infact i am having same problem and i called Mobily CC and they said please visit to Mobily Center and change your router to LTE 4G for free, but i came to know that without request number they will not change it as it happen with me now, the gentleman told please come again after two days, which is pain full for frequent visit like beggar, what is hell this system, talking politely, attracting customer, but during problem forcing to run here and there.

just i m waitting to finish my subscription then i will move to STC.

@ Izharulhaque first call the mobily customer care and inform them your facing problem with Wimax router, they register your complaint, they will give you the complaint no. Once you reach the service center while checking your Iqama in mobily system they will know your complaint number and will change the router

Dear Mr wilson_derry

i already called CC, i sent mail to Mobily, in fact i received a call from 0560101100 to visit Mobily Center.

But i don't know there is system of so called "complaint number" if this is the case then why they says on Mobily support forum" Dear Customer,

Go to the mobily branch to Change the service to the LTE 4G for free.

we're here to help you
^Mobily Admin 

even i asked them to give me complain number....

before/during advice to consumer for visiting a branch they should give the complain number.

because as normal expats don't know there procedure and it is double standard, as i believe.:D

what you mean by normal expat, everyone here is normal person who got changed their to 4g. Even me i called them and informed im facing breakdown in my network. The customer care person told to visit nearby service center and i go there they replaced. And now Mobily wants all to submit the old one 3g and take new 4g for free.

Izharulhaque wrote:

Dear Mr wilson_derry

because as normal expats don't know there procedure and it is double standard, as i believe.:D

Dear All,
what about this...http://www.mobily.com.sa/portalu/jforum/posts/list/33919.page
I am a Mobily broadband@home 2Mbps subscriber I had made a complain # 1-17503238631 on 7th of May as well on forum and result was to change the router to LTE 4G and later on 10th of May I visited to Mobily center in Fanateer Al-Jubail then came to know that I should have a ticket# so the gentleman said don't worry I will make a request for you and you can come on Saturday on 12th of May to change it, after all I called to CC today and I got reply that service team already recommended to change the router on complain # 1-17503238631.
So I visit now 1 hour ago to Mobily, but the gentleman told me that “the system is not showing about change the router” I can't change it, when I told him about my complain # and recommendation he says I agree but it should show in my system, and wait until the massage will appear on your browser for replacing the router (time limit???).
Now I am helpless doesn't know what to do?
Frequently visiting to Fanateer Jubail it very hard for me I don't have my own car.

Only Mobily and God can help. :rolleyes:

Expar wrote:

Dear All,
what about this...http://www.mobily.com.sa/portalu/jforum/posts/list/33919.page
I am a Mobily broadband@home 2Mbps subscriber I had made a complain # 1-17503238631 on 7th of May as well on forum and result was to change the router to LTE 4G and later on 10th of May I visited to Mobily center in Fanateer Al-Jubail then came to know that I should have a ticket# so the gentleman said don't worry I will make a request for you and you can come on Saturday on 12th of May to change it, after all I called to CC today and I got reply that service team already recommended to change the router on complain # 1-17503238631.
So I visit now 1 hour ago to Mobily, but the gentleman told me that “the system is not showing about change the router” I can't change it, when I told him about my complain # and recommendation he says I agree but it should show in my system, and wait until the massage will appear on your browser for replacing the router (time limit???).
Now I am helpless doesn't know what to do?
Frequently visiting to Fanateer Jubail it very hard for me I don't have my own car.

I would like to having my own 4G router, because for my experience mobily connect is the best network in our compound, here at royal commission.

Is there possibility that a sim card block and need PUK code .Can a Provider provide me the PUK code?So that it can be use again.