Is KL better or Dubai?

Hey All,

I just came to KL (few hours before). assistance or help i need.

i came to KL to see any possibility for Business. i have business in dubai and in one of the EU country,

can anybody tell that KL is better or Dubai (in terms of Business), is it same secure and almost very clean systerm like dubai?

some one told me in Malaysia Law and order situatin is not good as dubai,

what is the tax system here in KL? or there is no tax like dubai?
How about accomodatin? is it cheap or exp?
hanging around in night times are ok?

How to find reliable source to establish a firm? do i need to rent office/outlet first or License process can be done befre that?

Kindlly do advice me as i am very very new in KL

Regards.
Ali

You do all these things yourself,since you are in KL.
Most people on the Ex-Pat either short term staying in KL or tourist so anyone even running a business in Kl would have no time to be ex-pat forum.
You might go walk about Jalan Bukit Bintang and ask the people who are running a business so they might help you.
I am sure if you are a business man you will know where to look & gather information.

Thanks Brother.

Hello Ali,

For the accomodation have a look on : propwall or iproperty, these are two website specialsed in the real estate market in Malaysia. Then you could get a good idea about the prices and the kind of accomodation.

About the idea to open a business, when I considere what I've heard around me, to resume : yes you can open a business if you have a miniumum amout to put in (don't remember exactly, I think something between 200 000 et 300 000 RM). If you have time, cause some administrative things here go very slowly sometimes. And you have to keep in mind as you are speaking about clean system, that the fact here is that corruption exists, doesn't mine that it will be a problem or get any connection with you business, just to know.
One of my friend met recently a french couple who lived previously in Dubaï and moved to KL then. Finally they are going back to Dubaï, because they prefer the life there. But it's a very personal question and the answer only depends on people and what they are expected, so, nobody could really answer to this one I think. I mean, it's just my opinion.
Good luck in your surch.

Alexandra
www.followusinkl.canalblog.com

I think Dubai is better. It is more of a free market city than KL