Cost of livng in Bahrain & BEST & SAFE places to live in Bahrain

Hello.

1)I need to know which places in Bahrain are the most safe and best. If you can, then tell me about the the place and people there.

2) Can someone tell me the cost of living in Bahrain? I need you to write the cost of shopping. If you could research in Bahrain and tell me where and exactly how much all these items cost. (You don't have to answer all if you can't) Kindly write down the price of the following items:

Lamb:
Beef:
Chicken:
Bread:
Egg:
Milk:
Pasta:
Sauces:
Cheese:
Rice:
Coffee:
Tea:
Water (Can we drink water from the taps of Bahrain?):
Juice (e.g.: Orange, Strawberry, Lemon, etc.):
Fruits (Per 100grams):
Vegetables:

Toilet roll:
Tissue box:
Toilet cleaning liquid (E.g.: Harpic.):
Dish cleaning soap:
Floor cleaning liquid (E.g.: Detol):
Shampoo:
Body-wash:
Toothpaste:
Toothbrush:
Body cream:

Kindest Regards

Dr. Mo

Hi Dr.Mo and welcome to the forum!

This has been discussed many times on the Kuwait forum.
You may find some answers by browsing the cost of living topics.

Regards
Armand

Every where is safe and the ppl of Bahrain so kind and friendly
The cost of the place it's not staple cuz its about the are you want to stay in it
And about the shopping, if you a family will cost you from 80BD to 100 BD
It's all About what you need.

Regards

I have a family of 5. My university is giving me BD 2400/ per month. They're paying for my two kids' school fees, and return tickets for 4 each year. They are also paying housing and transportation allowances. Can you please advise as to where we can find really good & safe places to live?

Best Regards

Mo

Hi Dr Mo and welcome to the forum,

Like I always say, there are many nice places to live in Bahrain.
Part of the choice will rely on where you will work, and where the kids will go to school ^^
You can find very nice compounds in Hamala, Jasra, Janabiyah, Saar or East Budaiyah. Some places like Saar and Budaiyah are a bit agitated from time to time so ask the real estate agent where the Shia villages are.
If you are looking for something more "western style" you can go to Amwaj Islands. It's filled with expats and a little bit isolated.
If you are looking for something really gated and secure and you are ready to drive, you can also see Durat Al Bahrain or any other project alike.

For the cost of living, you can check on any supermarket website and see the promotions it'll give you a rough idea.
Carrefour, Géant and Lulu are the biggest in town, excet Carrefour, they all have a local website.

With your budget and the advantages attached to your contract, you can really make a very good living here, don't worry ^^

Cheers

Olivier

hello everyone! I'm professional ladys hairdresser/hair colorist and i'm searching for job in Bahrain in high class salon now, what salary i can get there in Bahrain? ( im russian)

Hi Olga and welcome to the forum,

Nice picture by the way ;p
You should start a new topic, your message has nothing to do with the previous messages in the thread and nobody will read it.
As far as salaries are concerned in your field I don't have the faintest idea about their range... Sorry for that.

Cheers

Olivier

Dr.Mo wrote:

I have a family of 5. My university is giving me BD 2400/ per month. They're paying for my two kids' school fees, and return tickets for 4 each year. They are also paying housing and transportation allowances. Can you please advise as to where we can find really good & safe places to live?

Best Regards

Mo

Hello Dr. Mo,

I am considering a job offer in UoB. Could you please advice me regarding the salary, teaching load, work atmosphere? Have you found accommodation?

Thanks..