Working Holidays

Hi All,

I'm very new to this so please bare with me.

I'm really interested in working overseas in Canada on a working holiday. Just wondering if anyone else started off this way and how you got started.

I have looked into a few things and there's a compnay that offers to help me get a job, accomodation, visa, bank account yada yada yada (they are called Global Working and Travel Co.) It sounds a little too easy. Has anyone gone through them or gone through a reputable compnay that helped them get started? Or did you do it on your own?

Any help is appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Sara :)

Hi Sara and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

hi sara,

just a quick note, you might want to read the following information to ensure you're not being conned: 

Avoid Becoming a Victim of Immigration Fraud, Warn Citizenship and Immigration Canada and Competition Bureau

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-eng.do?nid=664449

have you thought about reaching out to aussie firms operating in canada? i worked for an aussie investment bank and loved it. try contacting them directly and ask if they have any temp assignments. i recall aussie expats doing just that and loved their cdn adventure. plus, you'll "get" the culture of the firm as well.

hope the above helps.

cheers,