Internet access for remote areas?

Hi

I am contemplatng taking a job in the mountains near San Ramon in an area that does not have internet cables yet. I am worried about being isolated from friends and family around the world and I also need the internet for research, so I am looking for possible alternatives for getting internet connected. Does anyone know if it is possible to get internet using a dongle (looks like a usb key) in Costa Rica? Or any other suggestions for internet in remote areas?

Many Thanks

Zoe

it is possible to have internet wirelessly via cell phone signal ...
In any case in San Ramon center you can find internet cafe with internet services and internet calls ...
luck!

Satelite internet is possible also. I expect you can buy the service from ICI, it is not cheap and is slow here in Canada.

I do not know this service ICI.
Costa Rica has Satellite Internet service but expensive so only hire these service companies.
Internet service is available here by:
cellular telephony.
Cable TV
traditional telephony.
or have a black berry you could have free communication with the home network of black berry.
or you can go to an internet cafe co maintain contact others in your requieras moments ... and you can make international calls over the Internet ... etc.

Internet is possible via USB with "Data Card" buy the device with your "chip" and by cellular signal can connect to the internet with your PC.