Sponsor my wife

Hello all,

I'm currently located in Abu Dhabi and got a job offer with a new international company in Qatar. The salary is QAR20+ inclusive of all benefits, they'll provide me with "Accompanied Married" status which means that they'll made the visa for me and my wife and medicals as well, but not for my child.

However, I heard a lot of talks about visa steps in Qatar and many restrictions as well regarding entry/exit, hence I'm reconsidering the whole thing.

Can someone enlighten me with the following:
1- How long the company will take to make me a PR?
2- Do I need an exit permit if I intend to leave Qatar anytime?
3- How long does it usually takes for a reputable company to arrange for my wife'v PR?
4- Can I apply for my child visa at the same time that the company will apply the visa for my wife?
5- How much to rent a decent 1-2 furnished apartment?

Thanks,
Karim

Hi and welcome to the forum Karim!

Maybe you could try having a look at the Qatar guide.
It might help!

Regards
Armand

Thanks a lot Armand. Would love to see the experience of others beside the guides!

Can someone enlighten me with the following:

1- How long the company will take to make me a PR?

Usually it takes 3-4 weeks to get your RP, it all depends on how efficient is the PRO.

2- Do I need an exit permit if I intend to leave Qatar anytime?

Yes you do need an exit permit if you intend to leave Qatar at anytime.

3- How long does it usually takes for a reputable company to arrange for my wife'v PR?

It doesn't take long but again depends on the PRO efficiency.

4- Can I apply for my child visa at the same time that the company will apply the visa for my wife?

Yes, you can and usually it doesn't it take time.

5- How much to rent a decent 1-2 furnished apartment?

This depends on the location of the apartment; but as an average you may consider 6000-8000QAR for a decent 2 bedroom apartment.

Hope This Helps :)

Good Luck

Thanks a lot VidoDido!

Well to be honest I am "worried" from the restrictions imposed in Qatar compared to Abu Dhabi and that's why I keep asking other people who have XP in Doha.

Its not as restricted as you imagine. If you are talking about the exit permit issue ... This should not be a problem if you are working for a reputable organization, and usually this is a routine work that can be done where required.

Thank you so much :)