Internet?

Hi,

I'm a TESOL teacher hoping to move to Guangdong. I just wondered what the situation is with internet access? Will I be able to order goods from ebay UK and access my email etc ? Also can anyone recommend any schools/ language academies etc? Or let me know any to avoid?!
Many thanks
Emma

Hello emma,
The current internet access  situation will disappoint u. U can not access to youtube ,facebook,or wiki,etc,however ebays is okay and other trading websites.Large cities such as Shanghai or Beijing may access to Facebook,but definitly no Youtube.
As a Chinese ,my suggestion is choose big schools,public school is better ,or large private schools,and learn some Chinese that  would helps .
Hope That would helpful

ebay and email is very good in China, but facebook and youtube is forbiddend.
Chinese's english is ok, and it will be a good business to teach english in china.

Thanks guys -sorry only just seen your posts!
Someone was saying something about using a proxy server or something?
I'm presently applying for teaching jobs in Zhangjiang city as that seems to have the warmest winters? Let me know if you hear of any or in nearby cities.
Have a good weekend!
Emma

I am in Shenzhen, that's about 500 kilometers from zhanjiang. you can use proxy server or VPN to visit facebook or yotube, but you have to pay about 8$ per month to use the vpn.
I seldom use facebook.

Ok thanks that's great! What's the pollution like in Shenzhen? I heard that Guangzhou is really bad. Am I right in thinking Zhanjiang has the cleanest air in Guangdong province? Anywhere else that is quiet with lots of wildlife/ parks etc? I'm from a small city -250,000 so I'm used to a lot of peace and quiet!
Kind regards
Emma

The pollution in Shenzhen is not serious, even in my opinion, the environment in Shenzhen is the almost the best on in China, I love here.
but it's not quiet, Shenzhen is the earliest city opened to the worldb in china, and the developing speed is also very fast, so peoples in this city are all busy working to earn money.
Shenzhen has only 30 years history, before 1972, there is no shenzhen, only a small village.

In China, it's a challenge to get into fackbook or twitters, but i can help you to solve this access problem with technical instruction by steps easily, interested to try, welcome to contact me.

from what I've experienced, nowhere in in Donngguan or Guangzhou is really quiet, there are soooo many people! I haven't been to Shenzhen yet but everybody who has been, including Chinese locals say it's a beautiful city. I think Guangzhou's air is very polluted but it's not that bad, I've been there twice. Winter's are warm but I caught the tailend of summer and it was ridiculously hot. Get VPN, a lot of sites get blocked or sometimes just don't work.