Living in Dongguan - Help to know about the city

Hi,

I am an Indian, a chartered accountant living in Mumbai. I am considering an opportunity in Dongguan, China. I would like to know the following-

1)How safe is city to live in with family?
2)What is the cost of living for two to cover accommodation, hi-speed internet, maid, groceries, local travel, entertainment (a higher middle class life style)?
3)What are the options for vegetarian people? Is Indian food available?
4)Do people speak English?
4)What are the employment opportunities for women?

Regards,
Ritesh J

Hi Ritesh,

As I lived in DongGuan city, so below is my feedback for your reference. Hope it is helpful to you.

1)How safe is city to live in with family?
Jimmy: It is safe now to live in Dongguan

2)What is the cost of living for two to cover accommodation, hi-speed internet, maid, groceries, local travel, entertainment (a higher middle class life style)?
Jimmy: rent one house around 2000RMB per month; high speed internet: 250RMB per month; Maid around 3500RMB per month, it depends. Local travel: 1000RMB once should be ok in local province; entertainment: 3000RMB should be ok, it depends.

3)What are the options for vegetarian people? Is Indian food available?
You can ask your maid to make vegetarian in house or order vegetarian in restaurant.

4)Do people speak English?
Some people do, but most of people can not speak english.

4)What are the employment opportunities for women?
It is fair in china. We have a lot of women working in big company.

Cheers,
Br, Jimmy Yu

Thanks Jimmy! It is helpful. I will contact you again in case I need more information.

Hi Ritesh,

I am living near DongYang
since 2002,I am Indian from
Hyderabad, my email ID
[email protected].

Nice day
mahboob

try this site http://en.hellodongguan.com I've been here just over two months, it seems pretty safe and friendly once you are accustomed to it :)

Hi Melis,

thanks for your reply!! However, I did not like the offer and rejected the same today only. But thanks to you for the help!