Pregnancy in Lille

Hi,

could you please share advice and tips about pregnancy in Lille?

Who are the best gynecologists for pregnancy follow-ups?

Which hospitals or clinics would you recommend to give birth in Lille?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice !

Christine

Hi Christine, Did you get any info on this?  My husband and I are hoping to move to Lille in the next year, we have a little girl and are hoping to get pregnant once we have moved.  Did you discover any mum's groups etc?
Thanks
Georgina

Hello

In France, you have private clinics and public hospitals. You need to register with them early in your pregnancy (from the second month for example).
You will be assigned an obstetrician who you will see throughout your pregnancy.

In Lille, the best place to give birth is Jeanne de Flandre, a grade 3 public hospital located in the south of Lille. You won't pay anything if you decide to give birth there.

On the other hand, you have some grade 1 or 2 private clinics in Lille and its surroundings. They are excellent facilities if your pregnancy doesn't present any complications (otherwise it's better to be at Jeanne de Flandres).
The private clinics do prenatal and post-natal care, which is great because you will see the same people for more than a year.
The only problem is that you will pay between 1000 and 2000 euros at these clinics for the whole pregnancy/childbirth/post-natal care stuff. Whereas it's completely free if you go for a public hospital.

If you are not pregnant yet and you want to see a gynecologist (private practice), you need to be patient, because you may have to wait for couple of weeks (or even months) before you see one.
There are , unfortunately,few gynecologists in Lille but as I said, if you know you are pregnant or you want to be pregnant, go straight to a clinic.

Private clinics in Lille are:
Maternité du Pavillon du Bois (Lille Lambersart),
Maternité de Villeneuve d'Ascq (Lille Villeneuve d'Ascq)

Public Hospitals are:
Maternité Jeanne de Flandres (Lille)
Maternité Pauk Gelle (Lille Roubaix)
Maternité Seclin (Lille Seclin)

if you need more info, email me , my daughter was born at Jeanne de Flandres and for my second baby (due in November), I will be in Pavillon du Bois.

Mag

Hi Mag,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Thank you very much for this useful information.

Christine
Expat.com team