Health care & moving to france

My wife & i (both 67) are thinking of moving (retiring really)to
France. My health is good & my wife's isnt so good. She has (in the US)health insurance with the NY State Teachers which is very good for both of us. She has MS (in remission),is a 5 year breast cancer survivor (came up clean after the 5 year checkup). Is it possible to move to France & eventually get the health care in France. We are hoping to move there because we want to-NOT for the insurance because we are covered for everything in the US & will always be covered & i doubt any insurance will be better than we currently have.

My question really is: what insurance do we need to settle in France & eventually be covered & will it be too expensive because
of her pre existing condition? From what i have been reading it looks like it may be hard to move there & make it work...& i have
found it very hard to understand the rules of entry & how to stay.

Thank you for any help

Hi retired in NC, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

You may contact our partners insurers and ask for a free quotes and advice. https://www.expat.com/en/insurance/europe/france/

I wish you good luck and i hope other members will be able to help you.

All the best,
Christine

just sent you some information, but I have no idea where it went.
I am too looking into the possibility of movind to France on part time basis upon my retirement.  Full time retirement requires to apply for a long stay visa and to me that is too much trouble, since I intend to keep my primary residence here in USA.  I found a blog that has very good information and you may want to check on it.  It is chezlouloufrance.  Just google it and you will be able to get to Moving to France Toutorial.  She has great information.  Please feel free to contact me and we may be able to exchange ideas.  Don't let anyone discourage you on your plans...there is lots of ill intended people giving lots of discouraging information in this topic.  Do your own research. 

I started by doing mine and traveling to France yearly.  Now I am in the process of learning French and will continue to get all my ducks in a road.  :)

Good luck!