Moving to Australia

Hi,
My name is Sromon Das, and I'm presently working as an analyst in the sugar sector in India. Prior to this, I've had three years of work experience in the management consulting industry as a research analyst. I am now looking to live and work in Australia for a few years, and was wondering if and how I could do so, given my background. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and regards,
Sromon

Hi Sromon,

You will need to apply for Australian Permanent Resident first before considering jobs in Australia.

Cheers!

www.ktdesignsuccess.com

Hi Sromon,

Visit Australia's Dept. of Immigration and Citizenship at immi.gov.au  This website will have more information about the different visas available.  You can start by looking at some online job websites like mycareer.com.au  seek.com.au 

Even though majority of the job postings will likely indicate you need authorization to work in Australia such as having a permanent resident visa, you can always submit an application and your resume for them to review.  If you happen to have the skills/work experience and education that a company is looking for, you will be contacted and maybe be sponsored by that company if they like you. This is not easy. But searching the internet and other forums, people have been successful in this.

Otherwise, check out the immi.gov.au if you skilled occupation that is in shortage in Australia. However, the skilled migration program will somewhat change starting in July 2012 and it's called SkilledSelect.

Thanks a ton, jb09. Very helpful information.
Cheers,
Sromon

jb09 wrote:

Hi Sromon,

Visit Australia's Dept. of Immigration and Citizenship at immi.gov.au  This website will have more information about the different visas available.  You can start by looking at some online job websites like mycareer.com.au  seek.com.au 

Even though majority of the job postings will likely indicate you need authorization to work in Australia such as having a permanent resident visa, you can always submit an application and your resume for them to review.  If you happen to have the skills/work experience and education that a company is looking for, you will be contacted and maybe be sponsored by that company if they like you. This is not easy. But searching the internet and other forums, people have been successful in this.

Otherwise, check out the immi.gov.au if you skilled occupation that is in shortage in Australia. However, the skilled migration program will somewhat change starting in July 2012 and it's called SkilledSelect.