Life @ Qatar

HI,

Just would like to know how is the life in Qatar for Expats.

How has the Recession impacted Doha, Qatar?

What are the job Opportunities in Qatar for Finance guys?

How is the overall Life for a relocation of a Expat family in Qatar?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

Doha is a good place to meet people from different parts of the world, the recession didn't impact Doha at all.

Im pretty sure you'll find a good job with a finance degree.

Bringing your family here will be fine, just keep in mind its somehow expensive here. Food, rents and other day to day suppliers might be costly

HI,

Thanks for your reply.

But i would like to know about the Cost of Living and what should be the salary that i should expect in casei have a finance degree and 3 yrs of work exp.

How is the work life and labour law there in Doha??

Are you a Qatari?

What do you do ? Just in case i can ask you .

Regards,
Vinayak

Hello,

I am from Bahrian but working in Qatar, I work in a bank and have a finance degree. Most work places here choose salaries sepending on nationalities, so i cant really tell you much you will get.

If you have your family here and want to live a fair life you need atleast 8,000 - 10,000 Qatari Riyals.

Labour law is good and clear here, click on the below link to read it:

http://www.qatarembassy.net/Qatar_Labour_Law.asp

HI,

I am not much of a spender and a Veggie as well and what shall be the average expenses for Food, travel and rent.

How are the Work timings and all ?

As you are from the GCC , you might be getting additional benefits, but what is the case with Expats from other than GCC nations.

How is the Banking in Doha ?

I actually could not understand that how does the salary depend on the nationality.

Thanks again,
Regards,

Banks usually work from 7:15 - 3:00, some of them until 2:30

Yes I am a GCC national.

I think in your case the average spending will be 5,000 - 6,000 QAR a month

Bnaking sector is good, expanding year by year. I think it will be a financial hub for the region in few years.

Oh ok..

But as far as i knew, Bahrain is a Banking Hub in the Middle East.

Thanks a lot for the Info and can i know which of the Good, Healthy and Global Banks and Financial Institutions haev significant presence in Doha

Which are the companies present in Qatar doing good and shall be good for working in Finance.??

Thanks a lot for the detailed info given by you.

Regards,
Vinayak

Bahrain is still a better living place and has amazing social life, Qatar is good for getting money.

Try to stay with local qatari banks like:
- Masraf Al Rayan
- Qatar Commercial Bank
- Qatar National Bank
- Qatar Islamic International Bank
- Qatar Islamic Bank
- Barwa Bank
- International Bank of Qatar
- Doha Bank

In terms of companies, im not really familiar with them.

Ohh Thanks for the Info and what do you siggest about the Foreign banks....

Do i need to know Arabic or Islamic Banking to get into banking in the Middle east or Qatar??

No, You'll learn it when you come here and work, I had no background on Islamic banking when I started working here but now I do. Just try looking for good articles online just to have an idea its not so hard.

English is fine you don't need to know arabic

Mr ayers,

You are very helpful and knowledgable, I am due to in Doha on Saturday 31 direct from London, can you advice what areas to live and cost of a car hire also

HI Donabs,

How are you finding it in Doha ?

Are you working in some company ?

How are people around and life in general.

Did you find things to enjoy and have fun apart from work?

Cheers,

VInayak