Are you looking for a new friendship in Riyadh

Hi evrybody.it is really boring in this city, the cultures is defferent and it is so strict, even to someone like me who has been living in Riyadh for 20 years ( almost of my time) l am studing here now and pereparing myself to do the CMA. l studied business adminstration. l am here becuse of my father who is a teacher in KSU, he has working here for more than 25 years. but it is still boring to me. l am looking to have friends from all over the world, having different cultures and thoughs, l will respect them what ever thy were. so we can exchange experience and learn new things... so, u should speak Arabic or English ...l am almost free these days and l am helpful and friendly guy :) l can teach you some of the Arabic language if u want,, for sure it is for free, l am not looking for a business here... l hope if we can make a meetup here in the futre... l hope to hear from you soon.
best reagrds for you  all

if ya r looking for good clean friend ship to exchange culture infoz so em right here
actually i m lil greedy ,i really like the idea of learning some arabic.

My Arabic big time sux:((

HI FRIEND

IAM ABDELHAMID INSTRUMENT ENGINEER FROM ALGERIA AND IAM LOOKING FOR A FRIENDSHIP FROM KSA . I HAD VISITED THIS COUNTRY AND RYAD LAST YEAR ITS WONDFULL TOWN I WANT REALY TO COMBACK THER
THIS IS MY EMAIL FOR THE FUTURE CONVERSATION 

NICE TO MEET U .  SEE U SOON

SORY I FORGOT MY EMAIL

[email protected]

hi and salaam

i m raza khan from riyadh, looking from clean friendship.

Very nice, I think that might be why many of us are here.

However (and it's a very large however), being friends with somebody of the opposite sex in KSA seems to be an impossible endeavor, highly discouraged.

The expats in my compound have made me paranoid with stories of colleagues who have been shipped back home in the dead of the night for violating some rule or another.

Comments?

lol! be back to comment.

I am looking to improve my English
So i hope to helpe to find some one can talke with me
thank you

Reading, may also be useful to consider. Start with simple novels and move up to more difficult ones.

Alliecat wrote:

Very nice, I think that might be why many of us are here.

However (and it's a very large however), being friends with somebody of the opposite sex in KSA seems to be an impossible endeavor, highly discouraged.

The expats in my compound have made me paranoid with stories of colleagues who have been shipped back home in the dead of the night for violating some rule or another.

Comments?

Even though you are not Saudi, you cannot have friends? What was the acusation?
Thanks

Well you see, that's one of the problems.  Nobody knows what they did because they were whisked away so quickly.  Lots of things around here are very mysterious--hard to tell what's real and what's 'urban legend'!

One story I heard that I find really amusing is about a woman who was a 'born-again' Christian.  She apparently wrote King Adullah a letter urging him to convert to Christianity (so the story goes) and within 48 hours, SHE was gone!

woah, thats scary... O_O

Its always good to keep your faith to yourself and maintain a personal relationship with whomsoever you believe in...

Why try to sell something when you really do not know what its true worth is?

holy cow...

I feel like I just read a fortune cookie!

Cows, aint holy in KSA, Mizzy.......
Try Kolkata... perhaps
take care

I said 'holy cow' for the benefit of our Indian expats in this forum! :lol:

l have not even seen a cow in this country before :D
so,,, you can talk about holly fire

Does anybody now the location of Sherlock Holmes Bar.. Nice place to enjoy time.. but in Bahreyn.. Once every two weeks I am going there to refresh..

I recommend this English Pub to everyone.. Keep in mind..

hehehehehe,,,, it must be in Bahrain,,, l was stairing on what you wrote when l come over the word bar...

Mr. Hobiman!

20 yrs and couldn't adopt? maybe you're unsocial person!

try to change

good point Desert Storm :top:

l am not my friend,,, could you?

Could I what?

l am sorry,,,, are you living in KSA?

Yes, I do ... but depending on your agenda! if you want to look at the dark side... yeah it will be dark even if you are in heaven!

try to discover the bright side of your life no matter the place... I am sure it is shining out there just give it a chance!

I would imagine a person enjoying his/her life in prison by reading interesting books that he/she loves!

make sense... don't you agree? :)

of course l agree with what you have said,,, l am just asked you to know if it would be easy for me when l am telling you that it is really not easy at all to mix with the community in the KSA such what can you do with others comunities all over the world,, l do not think so that l have brought up the word (adopt) l live my life in here,, and l deal with the comunity barrier with going abroad from time to time... so ,, l am trying to make my life exciting,,, and this is one of my reasones to use this website :)
keep well

I am glad that your tone is getting more optimistic...

you just have all what it takes to be happy

1. Assume you're young
2. Preparing for such a challenging certification CMA where you must be good in math.
3. Once you pass CMA, you're a successful person which leads to better job and consequently better life style

list goes on... it is the way to go!

once you get to be independent person you will appreciate it

life is great! full of challenges

Desert Storm,

I do think you are being harsh with Hobiman.  He didn't seem overly pessimistic to me.  You must remember that life is easier  since you are 'native.'  For expats, however, it's different.

It seems that here, in KSA, we (expats) can only become friends with each other.  Saudis, while they are lovely people and wonderful work colleagues, are so family oriented (as you, of all people, know!) that they seem to be 'closed' to outsiders (meaning us expats--even other Arabs!).

I would love to know a Saudi family, be friends, and really get to know this culture, from the inside--instead of viewing it from the outside with my nose pressed up against the window!

Really, it's not like this in other countries.  I lived with a Chinese family for several months and it was just an incredible way to get to understand a culture and break down stereotypes and preconceived ideas.

Comments are welcome, as always :)

Alliecat... I might been a little harsh, but Hobiman was a little depressed so I thought I'd help... I am sorry maybe I misrepresented my points.

Yes, agree Saudis are closed in general but Hobiman is considered native too. I have lots of non Saudi friends from different countries and were born and raised in Saudi.

the majority of these friends do not have any feelings toward their native countries but they do to Saudi because they been raised here.

a friend of mine is a Sudanese and went to Romania for medical school then came back to work in Saudi! so I asked him why did you come back? so answered me, I couldn't stay away from my people... because all of his family and friends are living here!

so the drive was because I assumed Mobiman was born and raised here! so I considered him as a citizen. Same thing with my case I am from Qaseem area but born and raised in Riyadh so I feel more into Riyadh more than Qaseem, even though, Riyadh is boring etc...

:cool:

thanks Alliecat for your comment :) l have just realized that Desert storm is not an expat although it was little bit clear from the way he replied to me...l have some saudi freinds but even if l was in a prison , l would have some friends,,, having some friends does not mean that it is easy to adopt with the community in here,,,because the culture is totally different from the other culutres,, l do respect that,, but the fact is still the same. e.g not one of my friends has invited me to his home before (20 years) ,, therefore the friendship in here is not smiler to the friendship in other countries... the fact that expats are citizens  whether they were born her or not is not true at all.... but l have to say it depends on the city,, the reign in where you are living has its roll ,,, for example,, the community in Jeddah is more opened to the expats,, and you do not feel you are in another country such as if you are living in riyadh..

Hobiman

I am surprised that you haven't been invited to a saudi's home.  We have visited twice over the  we the summer and on our second trip we were invited to the home of Saudi we had met on our first trip.  In fact, he was our Tour Guide & Cultural Aide who took us to many of the Cultural sites in the city.  We struck up an immediate friendship and have kept in touch since.  We felt very welcome.  Although we didn't meet his wife, she was out of town, we did meet and speak to his father for over an hour - a lovely man.  On both trips we have found the Saudi's to be very warm and welcoming, everywhere we went.  I am personally looking forward to our stay in KSA.  Hopefully it will continue to be that way.  :)

nice to hear that CAF,,,l would love to find a friend like yours here in Riyadh :) l really have been invited by saudi families before,, when l went to the countryside,,, the people in there treat me such if l was one of them ,, they were very simple and friendly,, it is totally different from the people in Riyadh... but l am sure there are some friendly people in Riyadh too,, who l would love to meet with...
l hope the best for you :)

Yeah, I agree Jeddah is more open... my intentions were good ;)

Does Dr Watson also drink there?

elementary!

I aint thristy, yet....

l am sure of that desert storm,,, and l think you are one of open-minded Saudi people too :)

What really needs to be open is the MIND.... not cities.

you are totally right..