Visiting Brazil

Hi everyone, my name is Hazel, i am from Philippines, 33 years old. At present, i am working in Qatar as freelance. I am considering Brazil as my next home. I hope and pray that i can find a better job opportunity there soon. I need some advises from you guys who are currently situated in Brazil. Thank you.

Hi hayzbee!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

oi Armand! muito obregado :)

Hi Hazbee... Welcome to Expat.com and welcome to Brazil (in advance)... which part of Brazil are you planning on moving too? It all really depends on where you plan to move too as it can differ from city to city.

But generally, Brazil is a beautiful country, friendly people and lots to experience.
The cost of living can be high in some cities especially Sao Paulo and Rio and Belem is getting more and more expensive as well. Safety wise, you'll need to be cautious as you would be in a lot of major cities and as for language, you will be able to find a few who speak English but on the streets generally and public transportation, you'll need to be able to have some portuguese.

The weather is well, unpredictable as it can be sunny in the morning and pouring down in the later afternoon and cool or warm at night... and depending of course which season you come and again depends on which part of Brazil you intend to live. Well, it's not much but it's a general brief perspective.. Good luck and if you want more, check out the other forums on this site.. there are some detailed info about the various cities too.

Tchau!

Hi Gwen.Lewis what a helpful input from you! i don't know yet which part of Brazil but i am considering Sao Paolo. I don't know anyone there so this is really a big move for me, big decision and a big effort for someone who just want to experience life on that side of the world. I am working to learn portuguese and i think before i get there, i will be packed with some simple phrases ;)

wish me luck! obrigado!

tchau! ;)

hi  i am in brazil now (petrolina)  if i can help in anyway mail me [email protected]  ps we share the same birthday !

Dave

thanks David! so its a happy bday to us ;)

my e-mail to you is coming up! thanks again :)