Pensioner in the Philippines

Can anyone give me help please?

i am on DSP, and i simply cannot afford to live in Oz anymore, not with any dignity, i looked at going to thailand, but the stupid rule (centerlink)in having to return every 3 months combined with having to leave thailand every 8 weeks is crippling, also i want to bring my music equipment with me and the greedy thai government loads the tax to an impossible amount.

My questions are.

What is life like over there?
Is it safe?
how much do you have to pay in advance to get a rental property? it is 3 months in thailand.
How long can you stay before you have to leave?
What is it like to bring your stuff tax wise?
And where is the nicest place to go?
( i am divorced but i am not coming for the women, if i met one then all cool, but my primary concern is to have some unpressured happyness before i depart this world lol, i am 53 so hopefully i am not too old to enjoy myself, life sux here)

Hi I'm an Aussie living here in Naga City Phills
I don't know how u get over the 3mth reporting to centerlink
but ur payment can go into ur Aust bank account then u can tranfer to Phills account by internet banking.
U will notice a large drop in cost of living here while $A is so high, my wife and I are schooling and raising 3 kids as well as running car & scooter with all mod con in our house for 60,000p or $1500AU per month so on ur own I think $500Au plus rent which will depend were u live in Naga 1 bed unit cost 7500p per mth
but Manila is dearer.
I will say I know a lot of foriegner here who have got mixed up with the wrong women and are now broke, so don't fall in love with the first person u meet, check her out first.
safety is also depending on where u live but in general I've been here 2 years and never had a problem except for beggers on the streets and I've lived in Manila too
my suggestion is provinces if u wont a simple life but if u wont to party party Manila
Pete

Thanks a lot Pete,

That is a good starting point.

I am definately no party animal, i am a quiet person, well educated, and a little conservative, so partying and chasing women are not exactly priorities in my life.

I just want to live in a house, record some music, and not to be waiting for the next price hike to turf me out onto the street.

There are a lot of good people here, in this position, there is no affordable housing, and people who once were living a quality life, are looking at living in the street.