Do you want to learn English?

Hello,

As of the 6th of February there will be an intensive speaking and listening English class hosted by two experienced English tutors.

The class will be held in a large room in District 5, Tran Phu and will consist of 8 to 10 students

It will be 200,000 VND each for a 90 minute class.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Calum

So you're going to teach mixed levels?

No offence, but it sounds like an English club to me.  There's plenty of those around that don't charge anything.  I stand corrected - they charge up to 250K VND.

I agree with the author of this blog post:

TUESDAY, MARCH 9, 2010

English speaking clubs in Saigon

I am wondering if more free English speaking clubs would be helpful for students. My experience so far is that even if students pay up to 250.000 VND fee for English speaking clubs, they don't learn a lot. So I think foreigners have to step in and provide it for free. It's actually just an hour a week and both parties can learn from each other. I know that there are already some clubs, for example every Tuesday and Thursday 7pm to 8:15pm at Tomorrow Cafe locating at M1A That Son, Bac Hai area, Dist 10. Can anyone provide me more information?

http://wanhoffs-vietnam.blogspot.com/20 … aigon.html

Its not an English club, the lessons will be structured and will follow a course. We will accept students of all ages and abilities and the classes will be split depending on level.

I think that 200,000 for 90 mins is a reasonable price but we are willing to listen to the students about costs.

Good.  I don't know the actual costs of a course at a typical language school, but you may have a competitive price.  I'd get a Vietnamese friend to go to a few of them and see what they quote.

You could also go to a certain English club/coffee shop in Phu My Hung and quietly try to spread the word about your classes.  I used to volunteer there until I found out the owners were blatantly trying to convert Buddhists to another religion.

I have a lot of ESL books on PDF files; enough to start a school!  Send me a PM if you'd like any of them, or if you don't know the name of the coffee shop and want to.

Good luck!

Hi Calum,

Just to remind you that free advertisement is not allowed on the forum. Please post in the Saigon classifieds.

Thank you.