Would you be willing to help orphans?

To those who are interested in helping orphans.

I have just posted some pics of orphans in Vinh Son 1 orphanage, among 5 different Vinh Son (name after Vincent de Paul) in Kontum.

It was such a memorable experience to be with them. Almost 2 years past.... I wish so much to return and see them.  However, I also wish to have more than just be back there.

I have a saving box, on which there is an image of the pizza, in which, there are new 10,000 notes I add gradually. It's how I started for the wish.

What about you? Would you be willing to join? :-)

Nhung

----------------------------------------------

"What comes from the heart, goes to the heart."   - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

KonTom has to be one of the nicest places in the Highlands, surrounded by a ring of mountains on one side, it's a little bit like a village in the Alps.

Definitely better than Gia Lai!

Anyway, about your orphans. Nice idea, and definitely more deserving than those around Hoi An where gifts of toys often end up in the markets and the proceeds disappear in to management coffers.

For those hanging out in HCMC there is an orphanage where VN children either orphaned by their parents dying of AIDS or abandoned because they were exposed to AIDS.

They welcome visitors, even just to be held or played with.

The New York Times reported the plight of some children in Cu Chi, some 30 kilometres from SaiGon, who simply want to go to school but ignorance of local people, mainly farmers, are preventing this from happening.

The report < http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/14/world … ml?_r=1&hp >

Check: < http://www.thuongvevietnam.org/webseite … oa_en.html >

Perhaps a call to (08)-892-6135 OR (08)-3892-6135 or an e-mail to < [email protected] > to see how you can help, would be in order.

Cu Chi, where the Tunnels are, is only 30 minutes or 30 kilometres out of SaiGon. There is a clickable map on their web site.

I would love to do some work at orphanages here. Have been thinking of this for some time.