Ukrainian looking for a job in Denmark

Hello everybody!
I am Ukrainian, living and working in Dubai in Hospitality industry. Now I decided that its time to make my dream to come true- to go live and work to Europe. I think now Denmark is one of the best destinations for that...how it would be possible to find a good job, I am willing and able to study Danish if needed. May be somebody who can help me? I would really appreciate your help and advices! Thank you so much:)
Warm regards :)Kris

Hello Kris and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to browse through the different threads of the forum, it may help.;)

You should maybe post an advert in Denmark classifieds > Jobs section.:)

Hope this helps,
Harmonie.

Hello Kris,

I used to live in the UAE and now I am in Denmark. :)
When are you coming here? its freaking cold now !

It would be nice to hear about your experiences in Dubai .. :)

AJ

Hi AJ!
Didnt expect this:):)nice to meet you here. You worked in Dubai as well?
Well, for me, I am here for 1 year already, now planning to go to Denmark. "planning" means I have this idea in my mind, but still have no idea how can I get there:)
In Dubai is hot, as usual..I missed winter, honesty..
Where you from?

Hello Kriss and welcome to Expat.com

regarding to your plan to go to Denmark, i already applied under GreenCard scheme, and my interview was on Dec 19 /2011 in my country. so i suggest you to refer to nearest Danish embassy in Dubai and submit your application form plus all necessary Documents ( before going contact them to know the required documents); then you should wait like me . i myself do not know whether i will be rejected or accepted and when i will receive the result. but i have heard that it takes so long time to get the final result.
good luck
anything please let me know

Hello Sarden, thank you for yuor kind advice!
You are right I should check before on which documents they require from me, but th eo nly one thing I am not sure about: shall I go there and just say that I want to work in Denmark?..I believe its easier to find a job on the spot.

Did you get your final answer by the way?

Good luck to you!!!
Best regards,
Kris

hii
you should get visa first, without visa you are not allowed to go there and work. you must apply under greencard scheme which is based on point system, refer to this website
http://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_t … scheme.htm and you will understand how to apply and which documents are required.
b.regards

Hi Kris.

Im also trained in the hospitality industry, one thing I can tell you, you WILL need to know Danish before getting a job, if it is a front of house position... Also you might find that getting a green card can be difficult in this industry, as there is not really shortage of skills. Also hospitality in DK is not like hospitality in Dubai... DK is small and it is not a tourist Mecca.

Good Luck
Sarah