Introducing myself

Hi there,
My name is Lisa, I'm an Austraian living in Saarland. Cologne is probably the closer of the options that we have on this site.

I'm living in Germany six months a year at the moment, and then will move permanently when I finish my studies. I study English literature and German.

I'm a native English speaker with beginner's German skills. I hope to see my language skills improve in the next year, and further in the future.

My boyfriend is German, and the reason for relocating. My family and friends all still reside in Australia.

I'm pretty typically Australian in a lot of ways. I'm easy going and flexible with a relaxed attitude to time and a friendly disposition.

I'd like to get to know some new people around here, but its hard to do in Germany, not like Australia.

That's me.
Cheers

Welcome to Expat.com missbeesy!

Thanks for the intro.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Lisa,

I'm also new here in Germany and I'm living in Cologne. If you pass by here let me know, we could have a beer together.
I'm italian and I have relatives living in Australia but I've never been there. I would interesting to know an australian.
:)
byee

Eleonora

Hey Eleanora! I'd love to have a beer some time in Cologne. We don't get up there often. Its kind of strange to me, three hours would not be that far away back in Australia.

How long have you been in Germany? And how are you finding it?

hi , i`ll come Colonge in 14jan for klon furniture fair and after that i have some day free , i would like to make friend and enjoy some day free in Cologne , if u have time we can have some dink,eating ...etc..
greeting

Hi Missbeesy!

Welcome to Germany!  I am also new to Germany, just arrived here a week ago.  I was actually in your homeland for the past year, traveling and working.  That's where I met my German boyfriend, also the reason I am here :) 

I am currently living just outside of Cologne and trying to find my way around the city (which I find a little tricky!)  Germany is quite different from Canada/Oz and not speaking the language whatsoever makes things extra tricky. 

I would love to catch up with you sometime and share stories about Oz and how much I'm missing the warm weather right about now!! lol.

Hope to chat to you soon!

Cheers,
Ashhh

Eh! Ashley,

This is great to se another Canadian joining the ²expat community²! Where are you from in Canada? I live in Germany since about 2 years now, in Frankfurt. (with German Boyfriend as well) Its not next door to Koln, but if you ever feel like a little trip, i'll be more than happy to show you around!

There is a tiny problem with your user name, cause it has a coma, I can not send you a private message.. :(

Maybe you should mention it to the administrators, or is it just me? Let me know how I can get in touch!

Hey, I read your reply! What brings you to Germany?

I've been looking to meet people here.

I'm living in Sankt Inbgert which is south of Koln.
There isn't a good category on here for my location.

Maybe you'd like to add me to your contacts?

I tried to message you but I'm having the same problem sending you messages :)

Cheers Lisa

If you would like to meet English speakers try Thursday Night Drinks Cologne (TNDC) - you can find details on facebook or toytown germany. There are people there from all around the world including Aus and Canada and even a few Brits!

This week they meet at Flotte on Thursday.

All welcome :)

hello everybody
I do not know if you still visit this blog.
I am french and speak english I will soon move to Cologne and would love to meet english speaking people with international backgrounds.
leave me a note if you are still around:)
cheers