Expat Friend Needs a Job, Now Broke

I have a friend here named Dan an American, he is too young for pension or Social Security. At one time he had a business and homes however his x-wife took all that away and left him with nothing. Currently he has just about sold everything he owns here just to survive. Dan possesses a Professional drivers license here in the Philippines and can drive a truck, jeepney or other vehicle. He is also a butcher, and culinary school grad cook. If anyone knows of any work especially driving please let me know in a private message and i can give you his contact information. Any suggestions would help, he has no computer, car or motorcycle all sold to survive. Dan lives in Lapy-Lapu Cith Philippines which is close to Mandaue City and Cebu City. He can relocate for work if needed.

Charles :cool:

Let him carefully and accurately register and SET EMAIL ALERTS THEN TEST THEM (!)on the websites below:

bestjobs.ph
ph.jobsdb.com
monster.com.ph
jobsonline.com.ph
learn4good.com/jobs
gopinoy.com
jobscity.net
jobstreet.com.ph
jobrapido.com.ph

Don't look any further - it works very well, trust me!

He is registered here already, problem is he had to sell his computer to eat so the only time he gets online is when he stops by here. That's why I posted this for him. He is also not very good at writing things. I copied this down and will get him on it when he stops by again.

Well, he must establish daily access to Internet somehow in the first place, use Internet Café then. Otherwise chances to find a job are very narrow and basically rely on a Red Letter Day, so to say. Two things: profiling and email alerts are most important dealing with jobsites, both require daily approach for scrupulous adjustments in order to get broaden respond. This is ain't set-and-forget business. At least twice a day, late morning then anytime in afternoon email access is a must, each time a couple of hours of consuming process replying to everything and everyone along with fine profiling to be done... To find a job – it is a job by itself. In a matter of weeks he'll see results. I would also suggest to email his resume for free of charge initial review to Mr. Crystal on [email protected] - this fella is a CV magician! He personally guaranties that you will get an interview call in a month :) Don't fret, just work on it!

He's existing on donations and sales of his stuff, donations are few. I personally have donated to him several times closing in on 10,000 pesos over several months, and I don't expect that back. Daily and twice daily internet access may be hard for him right now and he surely can't afford it. I allow him to come in here and use the computer and that doesn't cost him a dime.

Charles, we have a british guy here in Naga in the same position.
he is existing on selling our household product door to door.
it appear hard for older foreigner to get a job and if they do the wages are very low, this chap has been doing this for 2 years
and does survive, I estimate by my sales to him he earns about
1500p per week from my product and I know he sells others.
I would think there were distributors like us in Cebu, these product like dishwashing & car shampoo are consumed daily so business is renewable, he would only need seed funding to get started, happy to provide advise but freight would prevent us selling to him
Pete

Personally I think he just needs to go out and look for work there are jobs out there it will take time but he can do it.

[Moderated: please post in classifieds]

Dan has no real skills that a Pinoy doesnt have. Driving, cook, etc, why would anyone hire an American over a Pinoy?

He would be better off by getting a ticket back to the US. Go to the US Embassy and plead his case.

There is this one French/American guy who is working as a mechanic in our nieghborhood. Same thing happened to him. His wife cheated on him and got him dead broke. One matured american guys was a working as a call center agent in a company where my friend works.

He just have to make himself more flexible and he will be able to get by.

I am not trying to spam, Just trying to offer help - a job. We are looking for a couple more American or Canadian Expats to work for us. pay range is 2K to 3K monthly USD. Our office is in Angeles City, We have openings in our customer service department and in our sales department. If you know anyone interested have them contact me. Thanks :)

I gave the contact info to Dan.