Information about Montreal

Hello All,

I am new to this forum. My name is Harit and i am from India.
My file is in process for Quebec Skilled Worker, meantime i would like to gather few information about Montreal and Quebec.

I am a DBA (Software Industry), so just want to know how to get the job once i get there, which are the good companies for IT related job? I have completed first level of French Language and planning to learn couple of more modules before i reach there.

Which would be the best and economical place to stay in Montreal or Laval or surrounding areas? I used to stay in Chicago for couple of years so i dont have any problem with winter, i can bear that :).

If anyone can explain about transport and total expense for couple including my son (1 year) that would be great.

Any information would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello Harit and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum, this may help.;)

Harmonie.:)

Thanks Harmonie for your prompt reply.

i'm jamal from algeria i hope expartise at canada help me i'm nursing infermier brevete

u can helpe me some informations for the association like mickel beaubien  sur thank

There are couple of good websites out there that can help you with all of your questions. Bamozir has good articles about bamozir.com/en/mtl-en/recent/primary-needs/placetolive - Housing, bamozir.com/en/mtl-en/recent/primary-needs/furniture - Furniture, bamozir.com/en/mtl-en/recent/general-info/cost - Cost of living, bamozir.com/en/mtl-en/recent/general-info/neighborhoods - Montreal Neighbourhoods, etc. I recommend you take a look at these to expedite your adaptation period.