Move to Montreal

Hi All,

My husband is in talks with a company about a possible move to Montreal.

We do not speak French, but the project is being run in English. As a family we are 100% committed to learning French.

We have two little girls - nearly 5 & 3.

There's alot of useful information on this site, but I'm looking for more up to date info specific to living in Montreal from 2015 onwards.

Where do you find clear information about how the tax system works - including provincial & national tax, insurances, tax rebates, etc. The salary will be in the region of $150k.

Schools - any advice would be useful. Have you made a similar move with young children? We were planning to send them to a Steiner school in the UK - do you know anything about the Steiner school in Montreal?

Accommodation - average rentals in the city or living rural - where's a good location close Montreal city? Anything else to be aware of?

Winter Activities - what's going on for families?

Winter fuel costs - power bills

Purchasing a car - Any info would be helpful.

Stat days - how many do you get a year?

Whether we proceed or not, I've enjoyed reading about your beautiful city. We have moved & lived in lots of places (NZ, Aus, USA, UK) - we are always up for a new challenge & Montreal would probably be the biggest challenge we have ever taken on.

Thanks in advance for your help.

(Moderated: no free advertising here please + register in the business directory)

Hi ,
I move here 7month ago and my case was exacly as yours (just i have only 1 boy ;) )

Please feel free to contact me on my email [email protected]

Im happy to share my experience.

Best regards
Oldrich