Pro's and con's in living in buidings....

i'm staying at sky garden for the last 4 years.

i love this place coz it's not too near to the roadside. i get my silence which i need most. i can find plenty of food around and it's convenient as i can catch a bus to Q1 at VND15k. Cresent Mall and Lotte mart is not too far too.

Cantavil (district 2) that whole area is a building site! its noisy n dusty etc all the time, takes around 30 mins to get downtown via saigon bridge and around 20 (using the new tunnel) to get to Ben Thanh market. Apartments are cheaper obviously.

Botanic Tower (Phu Nhuan) set back from main roads not too bad a location about 15 mins from Ben Thanh depending on time of day. Can flood around some of the roads there though. Can be twice the price of Cantavil, but given the range of properties your asking for I guess not so important :)

Cant comment on the others though. hth.

I live in An Cu and while it's not as bad as Catavil there are some building works around. One new tower currently being built, but some new houses too.
Tbh if you don't open your windows and use aircon then it's not too bad, but I prefer to have my windows open and occasionally it gets annoying.
The next month or so things will start to quieten down for xmas and tet holidays. Which is when we came to view it so didn't notice the noise then.

Catavil, An Cu, An Khang will cost around $600 per month for 2 bedroom 100m2
Botanic gardens around $900 for 2 bedrooms but slightly smaller.

I live in Le Thanh Apt. Dist Binh Tan .... this is really nice if someone know how to taking a motorbike.
The building is new and the place can looking back whole city view.
Air fress the only thing that you must know how to ride the motorbike becoz is No Trafic light to stop mortobike on the way to inner city. I am serious!

kryptonite123 wrote:

i love this place coz it's not too near to the roadside. i get my silence which i need most. i can find plenty of food around and it's convenient as i can catch a bus to Q1 at VND15k. Cresent Mall and Lotte mart is not too far too.

Hi Kryptonitel, I viewed some apartmentes in SG, and it seemed really really hot in the corridors. Do you need to use the air con a lot?

musica wrote:
kryptonite123 wrote:

Hi Kryptonitel, I viewed some apartmentes in SG, and it seemed really really hot in the corridors. Do you need to use the air con a lot?

Day time yes, at night no need use air cond.

Dear Kryp.
I have a question for you
How long does it take to ride a scooter from Sky Garden to the Saigon South International School ?
Thanks

2 minutes........ don't be lazy, walk!

Beautiful area for a walk!

Thank you sir
I am not lazy,sir. This is the other way to find out the distance between my future work site to my future "home". Thank you so much for your information. I feel good!

laidbackfreak wrote:

... if you don't open your windows and use aircon then it's not too bad, but I prefer to have my windows open and occasionally it gets annoying.

Big penalty to pay given the price of electricity.

I'm renting a condo, for use as an office, in Quan 7, one block from Nguyen Van Linh Highway and and a block from Nguyen Thi Thap.

Never used the air-con, windows left open 24/7 ceiling fans only form of cooling. Only have to clean the server air-filters once a month (in Quan 4 it was weekly). Noise level low - only complaint is the chickens, they haven't figured out they are supposed to crow at dawn, not at 03.30H.

Phu My Hung has the same dirt level as elsewhere in the city - there is a pollution monitoring station there - plus they get strange bugs from the trees and being near the 'perfumed' river.

Jaitch wrote:
laidbackfreak wrote:

... if you don't open your windows and use aircon then it's not too bad, but I prefer to have my windows open and occasionally it gets annoying.

Big penalty to pay given the price of electricity.

Agreed, but as I said I prefer to open my windows, only time i close them is when the place is empty. I run the air-con once a month-ish for an hour maybe, just to flush the system.

Jaitch wrote:

Only have to clean the server air-filters once a month (in Quan 4 it was weekly).

Ah now my servers are self contained in cool/dust free room. Too critical for me to expose them.

Jaitch wrote:

Noise level low - only complaint is the chickens, they haven't figured out they are supposed to crow at dawn, not at 03.30H.

What is it with those chickens an 3.30am. Are they all suffering jet lag!! lol