Moving in Feb 2012!!!!

I am so excited to have found this community!

I have lived in NYC for entire life, and have been dreaming of spending some time in Italy since High School - now I am finally making that leap :D.

I would like to make the move some time between Feb and mid-May of 2012.  I am looking for the input/advice of other expats in this journey - esp those with children.

My little ones are 3yrs and 1yr.  I am wondering what the school/child-care scene is like? How much does child care cost? What cities/neighborhoods would you recommend that are cost effective/safe/child & family friendly? How much would it cost to relocate? Has it been difficult for you to find community with other expats?

Please and thank you in advance for any input!!!

Hi WannabExpatMama,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for your introduction.

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

Hello!!

I am moving to Milano (from Athens, Greece) from February on. I will be happy to meet you if you happen to be around :)

all the best!

Olga

Hi, where in Italy are you thinking of moving, north or south? We are moving at the same time, and I have kids as well, so I'm looking forward to hearing the answers to your questions.

Thanks for the warm welcome Christine!

Olga, I'd love to meet you too :).

Beatrice, I just decided today on Siena, just north of Rome.  But I still need help in terms of finding a neighborhood/home that will fit out needs.  I'm still very clueless.  I would love to stay in touch and we can trade notes on this journey ;).