Internet Service Provider (ISP)

Hi, all

I'm new to Expat.com :)  Need your advice please.

My husband and I just moved to Rabat and we'll be living here for 6 months or so. Has anyone got any recommendation on which ISP would be best for short-term contract? We live in the Mahaj Riad area.

Thanks!

Hi KarenEssDee!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Thanks!

Any replies to my query?

hello you can by a modem mobile internet of IAM  or meditel or wana

Hi all,
What should be budget for telco? landline and internet at home? How about the cost for a mobile phone?
Thanks!
a new member!

Mobile (USB) modem is no good from experience very slow connection. might as well get regular DSL from(Maroc telecom) you would need a landline, they do package dsl landline phone...ect one package. as far as how much cell phones cost, I really don't know how to answer that one since over here you can buy brand new cell phone from (meditel) or (maroc telecom) from 230 dh and up it all depends on what u looking for.

Pack modem Sagem:
Débit     Tarif mensuel normal (TTC)    
Bandwight        Monthly payment
1M              99DH     -
2M              149DH    
4M              199DH    
8M              299DH    
20 M              599DH    
Now they are offering 2 MO for 99dh a month
you would have to sign a contract of 12 months
they also have 3 months contracts for the following prices
2M     297 DH
for cell phones check out the following link
iam.ma/Particuliers/Mobile/Offres/PacksGSM/Pages/Catalogue.aspx

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

I've temporarily settled with the USB key one from Maroc Telecom. So far, it's working fine. It was bought for around D200 with one month free. For the first month it puts no cap on data download. It's pretty fast actually. I was able to download a 7MB file in 2 minutes. However, i have observed that it has a daily limit on the download. Once it's met, the connection just becomes completely terrible.

The technicalities of the next month's prepaid download data is too complex for me to understand. Regardless, we will be shifting to aDSL per officemates and your recommendation.

I'll reread your replies and let you know should I have any more questions. I very much appreciate your responses!

Cheers,
Karen