Viber, Whats app now blocked in Maroc

Hello

I've been unable to make internet calls from UK, and family & friends also having probs calling out of Maroc...has anyone seen/heard anything about these free calls being blocked??

They have tried this before, but then unblocked it.......calling using this method has saved us a fortune due to the criminally high charges by Maroc Telecom and  Meditel

Thanks
TT

When I was in Morocco, I bought a 150 dirham phone card, it give me Internet and call , lasted for more than a month.  I thought it was very cheap.  I could also use it to text friends back in the USA

Just down a vpn.  And most of them will work to open Skype and stuff . Most are free ,

that's right, there are many free VPNs on the web, everyone is on vpn in morocco now. been using one since they blocked skype and I use skype eveyday.
Just google (free vpn) and choose one.

What is a VPN ?

It is a Virtual Private Network.

A Google search will help you to understand it.

As stumpy said it's virtual privet network. What it dose it says that your computer a dressing in Morocco it's in another country . Like let's say America or UK. Or any where really but you should choose a country that allows the Skype and viper etc.

I read on one vpn you could even stream from like net flicks . I don't have so I am not sure if that is a issue. But the reason I bring it up. Is one of the vpn. Have a cap of how muche data it will allow you to by pass or trick in to thinking . Like one vpn I try is called tunnel bear for android.  . It will allow 1 mg  .. cyber ghost another android . Free only works for ukUK. I don't down load them play around and see which is the best. It works though. Though you have to have the vpn on when you use the the application.  If you want Skype to work all ways vpn has to be on always

Checked it out but can not find one that covers Morocco. Which one do you use?

It says on my search that the free ones sell your information....not safe.?

There are some that do . Our information is constantly sold through apps. When we download them . We give them permission for things. Like access to our microphone.  Which the Facebook app does. Which is a bit creepy . When they access if they want to they can hear your conversations. Or you give access to your camera.  Some times people can see in your camera that way. There was a game app that did this and the delivery was able to hear and see the  people playing and tried to interact with them . With that said there is some security things we can do . We have to weigh the bad and good. The reason they block the apps in Morocco is because they want to make us use their services  which I understand and respect.  But I can't afford it . So I use the vpn.  9nly when I need it . I can get calls . I just neet to make them

I have used cyber ghost . I right now am using tunnel  bear for android .not here is easy vpn . I used that also . It's pretty good and easy. They all will work cyber goat is  a bit confusing to use

I use PureVPN! It's less than $10/month, uses dedicated IP addresses, has reliable fast servers worldwide.....and is compatible with all devices (iOS, Android,  Windows, Mac, etc.)

www.purevpn.com

vailtribe wrote:

There are some that do . Our information is constantly sold through apps. When we download them . We give them permission for things. Like access to our microphone.  Which the Facebook app does. Which is a bit creepy . When they access if they want to they can hear your conversations. Or you give access to your camera.  Some times people can see in your camera that way. There was a game app that did this and the delivery was able to hear and see the  people playing and tried to interact with them . With that said there is some security things we can do . We have to weigh the bad and good. The reason they block the apps in Morocco is because they want to make us use their services  which I understand and respect.  But I can't afford it . So I use the vpn.  9nly when I need it . I can get calls . I just neet to make them

As a mobile app developer and technology consultant, I'd like to help explain a bit more. For an app to function, it must be able to use your microphone, camera, or any other part of the phone, in order to function as desired (make video calls, make voice calls, upload photos, ect) the app needs access to those parts of your phone. That does NOT mean that they can intercept calls/your camera/microphone whenever they want. Not claiming it is impossible, but highly unlikely.

Apps that are downloaded in legitimate App Markets (App Store, Google Play, etc.) you should not worry because they are constantly scanned for vulnerabilities and blocked if any are found.

Those who say these things, simply don't understand how software developers work. If anyone has any technology related questions, I am more than willing to assist. Just post a thread, and I'll try and keep up with them.

1traveler wrote:

VPN slow down the internet especially with 3G/4G.I heard they have released Voip again in Morocco after a long debate in social media.

Yes, VPN typically will slow down a connection, but not enough to notice too much versus the alternative (blocked content and apps).

Depending on the 4G/3G connection strength, it can make it worse. For example, I notice very little lag in Rabat where the 4G is strong, while in parts of Oujda, using a VPN slows speeds down considerably.

It really depends on what you need the VPN for.

I use it primarily for Security, which  I am willing to risk speed for security.

VoIP is back :D

1traveler wrote:

not totally whatsap is working but skype is not :(

I had to uninstall and reinstall skype, then it worked for me without using my VPN....hmmm

I find using facebook messenger works ok......use anything but the sky high morocco telecoms charges

Very good information. thank you. again.

hi
thank you very much for sending message. can i ask something is it true the whazzap and viber as well as skype cannot connect in morocco?how true is this?I cannot contact my BF in meknes its been one month we are not talking each other I'm worried about whats really happening to him.

thanks and have nice day!

Gina

Hello everyone,

To inform you that the post of the Honey Gina has been added to this thread as it will provide relevant infos to her.

@ Gina, please read through this informative thread on the Morocco forum.

all the best
Bhavna

Hello,
whatsapp had to be updated a few days ago,which I did,
and sent messages to Morocco yesterday,no problem.
regards,
Martyn

Assalamou Aleikoum, it seems to me that SMARTVPN is a moroccan provider. Check even on TORRENTFREAK.COM .
Maa Salama

Assalamu Aleikum Said, nice to meet you and thanks for your implication.
What do you think about MULLVAD, this swedish vpn?
Maa Salama

I been using Cyberghost, it's free, works fine, except for the fact that it needs to reboot every 3 hours

Hi all

Anyone see the messages on facebook to the King from little grandchildren in Europe begging the King to do something as they miss talking to relatives in Maroc?
Why can't he DO SOMETHING!!!