Hi

Hi everyone i'm Richard, new to this forum and i just wanted to introduce myself. I'm hoping to move to Indonesia for a new life good weather and i'd like to make good friends.
Regards.

Welcome to expat-blog Richard! Hope you can make good friends here.

All the best.

Sybel

Hello Richard and welcome to Expat.com!

Your thread has been moved to Indonesia forum for better visibility.

In which part of Indonesia are you willing to go?;)

Harmonie.:)

Hello Richard
DO you think you would move permanently?

Porcelli wrote:

Hello Richard

Hi Porcelli this is what i want, one of my concerns is i might not be able to buy a home unless i marry someone from Indonesia i might be wrong? i need more info on the laws.

well come to Indonesia, Richard... :D

i know aussies have bought property there so i think its possible without marrying...

Porcelli wrote:

i know aussies have bought property there so i think its possible without marrying...

I must have got it wrong? Thanks.

Have you decided where you want to go in Indonesia?

Porcelli wrote:

My plan is Jakarta as i have a good friend there, but i'd like to travel and find the right spot for me to call home.

Have you considered australia? Perth is only a few hours from indonesia by plane?

Perth i've never though about moving to Australia, but i'll try and check it out. As long as i'm near the sea and i can feel the sun i'm pretty much happy.

check out fremantle....i think you would like it....its a mediteranean climate...long summers, lots of beach, a port city with river and sea

Thanks for the tip.

rcc wrote:
Porcelli wrote:

My plan is Jakarta as i have a good friend there, but i'd like to travel and find the right spot for me to call home.

As I noticed you'd returned to the forum, I'll suggest Jakarta is an interesting city but prices are getting crazy and then some.
A lot depends on what you're intending to do here but I would strongly recommend you avoid living in Jakarta unless you have to.

So, what are you going to do here?

rcc wrote:
Porcelli wrote:

Hello Richard

Hi Porcelli this is what i want, one of my concerns is i might not be able to buy a home unless i marry someone from Indonesia i might be wrong? i need more info on the laws.

You can't buy as a foreigner and you can't buy as a married couple unless you have a prenup (I understand they allow postnups now).
You can buy a flat as long as no land is involved in the deal.
You can rent a plot of land long term and build but that involves an obvious loss.

Hi I live in Surrey UK as a tech for Jaguar/LandRover but I have other skills from a past life example I was  stunt man in films which was fun. I also was a Jr national Team coach, Chinese martial arts.
I like to live in the country side outside cities.
Thank you for replying.

Hi Richard. Your opening post was over six years ago. You still in Surrey or have you moved to Asia yet? Which part of Surrey?

Hi Life got in the way when I first opened my post. I'm now back on track I have been to Asia but not to relocate. I live in the Surrey Hills just outside Guildford.