How to make friends in Indonesia

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Indonesia :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Indonesia??

Thanks in advance for your participation

hi, everyone. i think the best way to make friendship when you're abroad is to understand your livinghood. first you have to open mind and see their culture,what they respect to and their rules. dont be affraid to make relation to the native citizen, just let it flows as the time goes by.but the most important thing is you have to respect what they respect to and keep act friendly..

cheers

dhoni

CAN YOUU PROVIDE INFORMAYION ON RESTAURANTS SERVING INDIAN FOOD IN JAKARTA?KINDIA

Eastern Promise
Eastern Promise is Kemang's Newest Popular Hangout for Expatriates but amosphere has Dart Corner, 9 feet Billiard Table, Free Wi Fi for internet connection. and Imported Newspaper. Garedn in the backyard has live music on Friday and Saturday nite. Showing Indonesian and Expatriate bands who will entertain till late.
Business Hour
Senin - Kamis : 10:00 - 24:00
Jumat - Sabtu : 10:00 - 02:00
Special Menu

* Indian Curry and Balti
    * Home Made Meat Pies
    * Traditional Fish n Chips

Making friends here is easy as long as you have an open mind. The culture is so far removed from western countries, you need to rethink the way you interact with people.
I find lots of people interested in a conversation with a native speaker. A good few of these have turned into real friends.

I love Indian food but, as far as I'm aware there are no Indian restaurants in central java.
I hope someone can correct me.