Renting an apartment/Villa - website required

Can someone please give me a website for expat apartments/villas for rent?

Hi Evie,

Check the following links:

www.daleal.comwww.libyankey.com

Cheers
Joe

many thanks Joe!

you can find everything here.

www.libyaninvestment.com

regards,take care.

cengiz

What type of property are you looking for?

Area - city centre or suburbs?
Ground floor villa or apartment?
How big - no bedrooms?
Garden & pool?
Your budget $/month?

I have a great contact in the rental property market who speaks excellent English and knows all the decent properties in the Janzour area.

I would prefer a small villa with around 4 bedrooms and preferably a swimming pool and garden. Budget per month i would say up to 5,000LD.
I have to say i know nothing about Tripoli so i cannot really choose a location. A family neighbourhood with good facilities and expat community would be ideal mainly because i have an 1 year old son. What would you suggest?

You'll find plenty of available property for under $5K with 4 bedrooms, pool and garden.

A lot of expats live in the Janzour or Saraj areas, these are suburbs approx 20km to the West of Tripoli with easy access to the city on the highway.

Villas are generally on a single level with an open plan type living area often including the kitchen, with the bedrooms off this area. A villa is built inside it's own compound, with 7-8ft walls, usually with an powered sliding gate for vehicle access and a remotely operated gate for people.

Bedroom sizes are generally not that huge - generally around 4m x 4m or thereabouts. Storage space is at a premium and many people use the spare room for storage.

You'll also get a small 1/2 room building for your gate boy and sometimes a storage building in the garden.

There's plenty of opportunity to negotiate with the landlord if you find the place of your dreams but want alterations made.

Hello Sandman6,

I am new on the forum, I am actually negociating with a company in order to come as expat in Tripoli. It seems that you have a very good knowledge of the local way of life. Could you tell me what is the current price for an appartement in the downtown of the city (150m2) ?
Thanks for your help, it is a pleasure to read this forum, I collect a lot of information to help me on the decision to come or not!

Olivier

Sorry Olivier, I never considered apartments downtown Tripoli, we wanted to live in a quieter location.

Hi,
Do you mean the downtown is not quiet? compare with which location in order to have an idea?

If you want to live downtown, fine, but be prepared to put up with traffic mayhem from 7am to 8pm....

Many expats live in the suburbs like Janzour or Saraj, about 20km to the west of the city centre. Check out the previous threads on accomodation in these places.

Ok, and just for info, Janzour or Saraj are there far away from the Airport? Or convenient to go to the airport ?

Both Janzour and Saraj are approx 20-30 mins from the airport, same time as from the city centre.

Check Google Earth...

I have a brand new appartment right on Airport Road. 2009 appartment condo that has never been lived in, the area is perfect for expats that work downtown Tripoli. I am currently residing in Calgary/Canada and you have the option to pay rent either in Libya or by making a wire transfer to one of the major banks in Canada.

Please email me [email protected] if interested for more details with photos

Sandman6 wrote:

Both Janzour and Saraj are approx 20-30 mins from the airport, same time as from the city centre.

Check Google Earth...

Sandman - you're inbox is full.  Can you send me your agent contact.  I'm in the market in the Janzour area.

Evie

try this one........

http://www.daleal.com/aldaleal.asp?page … ng=English

hope will help
Cheers
Waqas

gabacho wrote:
Sandman6 wrote:

Check Google Earth...

Sandman - you're inbox is full.  Can you send me your agent contact.  I'm in the market in the Janzour area.

You have a PM

Sandman6 wrote:

What type of property are you looking for?

Area - city centre or suburbs?
Ground floor villa or apartment?
How big - no bedrooms?
Garden & pool?
Your budget $/month?

I have a great contact in the rental property market who speaks excellent English and knows all the decent properties in the Janzour area.

Hi! Could I have the number, please?! Much appreciated, ta!

Or, may be somebody else knows some other reliable/English speaking real estate agents, please, send me a PM with their contact numbers! Thank you!

if you are planingto rent an appartment in the city there is  a nice aria by alfatih tawir the rent range for unfurnitued appartment is 1500 LD if you are looking for a villa i have a nice villa in saraj you can contact me on my e-mail if you want to see it