New to forum

Hello, my name is Greta and I am an American living in Mendoza.  I joined the forum with hopes to make some friends and also to see if anyone wants to trade books written in English.  I have been living for Mendoza part time for 2 years now so if there are people that just moved here, i can maybe help answers some questions.  Okay well thanks and hope to meet some friends soon.

Hi Greta!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hi, Greta.  I just want to know what to expect to pay for a
one bedroom, one bath, furnished apartment.  Also, what is
public transportation like in Mendoza?  Thanks.

Hello Met, about the apartment, i am not too sure because i live with my boyfriend and his family.  Last summer we rented a house in the mountains 1 hour from the centre of mendoza in a place more or less touristic and we paid 1000 pesos per month for a two bedroom.  1000 pesos is more or less 250 dollars..... so in comparison, pretty cheap.  I am not sure about prices in Mendoza capital.  As far as public transportation, there are regular buses that run all over the center and to all the provinces of Mendoza.  The bus is very cheap... 1 peso 40 centavos, and reliable.  If you are planning to stay for awhile buy a RedBus card that you can add money to whenever you want, this way you don't have to always be scrounging for coins (coins are VERY hard to come by in Argentina, instead of your change, everyone wants to give you carmelitos), as u can't pay for the bus with bills.  Also they are in the process of building a kind of transvia, metro system in the center of Mendoza but I don't think that will be completed for more than a year.  Okay well i hope this helped, and feel free to ask any more questions.  Chauuu