Mexican Insurance

Hello Everyone!

How are you all doing?

Just want to know if you have any idea about mexican insurance. Does anyone out there know which things to consider while getting any car on rent for traveling through some place in or around North America.

Regards,
Martin

I know little about Mexican insurance. In Mexico it is law that you can carry proof of liability from a Mexican domiciled insurance which helps at time of an accident . The Liability $250,000 bodily injury and property damage combination. Medical Payments $5,000 per person.

I wouldn't take a chance on renting without insurance.  If you're in an accident, the car could be impounded and neither you or the rental company will ever see it again.  It doesn't matter if you're at fault not.

I've rented in Mexico several times.  Renting from Avis at the Monterrey Airport and taking the insurance package doubled the rate to $120/day for a compact.

After settling in Mexico, I found the Europcar (europcar.com or europcar.com.mx) had really reasonable rates including insurance between $60 and $100/day for a car with automatic transmission.  Unless you are doing only highway driving, I'd recommend an economy or compact model because of narrow streets in the small towns and some larger cities.

Are you talking in U.S. Dollars or in pesos?

Thanks!

Those prices are in USD.  I should get in the habit of using USD and MXN.  Thanks.