My favorite shops in London!

This small list of shops may be rather obvious to some, but I cannot resist singing the praises of my fav places to hang and shop!

1.)  Liberty, of course!  There is simply nothing like trolling the isles of this exquisitely beautiful tudor building, with all the amazing scarves, bags, jewelry, housewares, two floors of the hottest women's fashions and the top floor which houses modern and antique furniture and art.  This shop is my refuge!

2.)  Fortnum and Mason, again an obvious one.  I love the feeling of being able to buy things that are traditionally  English.  The people who shop here are a mix of tourist and eccentric posh English.  You can also have tea on the main floor, or a fancier one upstairs  ( though I truly recommend instead going to the Wolseley down the block for great scones and people watching in an amazing room - but I digress...) I particularly enjoy the upper floor at Fortnum's for the quirky English teapots and silver collection.

3.) The Umbrella Shop on New Oxford Street has been in the same location for over a hundred years and is a fun place to choose from many types of brollys with the assistance of seasoned salespeople. 

4.) Paxton and Whitfield cheese and charcuterie shop on Jermyn St. is an excellent and old world place to obtain your picnic ingredients.

5.) Burburry factory outlet, Chatham Place, Hackney Central
Cheaper sweaters and macs! 

6.) Grays Antique Shop, Davis street.  A great selection of fun bits and pieces to discover.

7.) Books for Cooks, just off Portobello Rd in Notting Hill.  An amazing collection of every kind of cookbook.  They also have demonstrations by different authors and chefs in the back room and you can eat a well priced menu lunch (usually great food from the demonstrations).

T K Max: Bargain designer clothes!