Long-term rentals for under $1000pm (excluding utilities)

Hey there

My husband and I will be visiting Belize for about 3-6 months.  We have made quite a last minute decision and will already come to Belize on 8 November 2011.

I have been battling to find long-term condo's/apartments for rent for $1000pm.  The only places to date that can accommodate us are the Reef Village Resort and Belize Yacht Club.  Both of these are North of the bridge and a bit of a distance to the town.  I have also read very positive but also very negative reviews about both of these places.

I have contacted the following agents so far, but maybe there are some others out there which I am unaware of:
Three Palms Property Management
Shoreline Solutions
Belize Management Dot Com
Caye Management

So my questions are:
Is Reef Village Resort worthwhile?
Is Belize Yacht Club worthwhile?
What other agents can I contact to find us accommodation?
Does anyone on this forum maybe know of private condo rentals?

We would prefer to stay in / just South of San Pedro.

SUPER excited about visiting Belize, but would prefer to not bring my tent with :-)

Many thanks

Christine

Hi Christine,

I don't have much information to share as we are condo owners and have not rented here, but I did want to correct one thing in your posting: Belize Yacht Club is SOUTH of town, not north of the bridge.  Reef Village is north of the bridge, as you say.  You can see Belize Yacht Club south of town on this map:

ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html

I hope this helps - sorry I can't be of more assistance.

We move there November 2nd and we rented a place for 2 months North of the bridge in Tres Cocos. We love that area there, It is not busy but still close to town. There are other places to look besides the people you are talking to.
1. Caribbean Craigs list.
2. San Pedro Sun classifieds.
3. San Pedro Daily Classifieds.  sanpedrodaily.com/classifieds.html
4. The ambergriscaye.com message board which is where I found ours. ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/5/1/Classifieds.html

Good Luck!

Also, Christine, Belize Yacht Club is not North of the bridge. It is right South of town (walking distance easily). Very nice place btw, with pool on beach.

You might be able to score a good rate at Corona del Mar - they have one bedroom apartments on ocean. I've stayed there and it was fine for the money (not fancy, but clean, etc.) also right South of town.

Good luck.  Sharon Hiebing

@ CaribeGal - I've been looking at so many places that I've gotton completely confused with Belize Yacht Club's location - considering that it is actually close to town and very nice (as per Wealthships) I might keep it on the shortlist.

@ Surendrank - thanks a mil for all the leads, they have been very helpful!!

If you have any time while visiting Ambergris Caye, locate Tammy Peterson.  She is great at located places to rent, stay, or buy.

email address:   [email protected]

Good luck!

tres cocos is a great place to stay.

I would avoid all contact with the person (as noted in the post below). She is not reputable and has misrepresented property to me in the past. She also promised to refund money to me but has not. If you google her you will see she is not someone you'll want to deal with.