Learning Danish BEFORE moving to DK

I won't be moving to Denmark for another 8-11 months, but I would really like to learn as much Danish as I possibly can prior to moving so that I'll have an easier time finding work when I get there.

At this point, I've purchased the latest Teach Yourself: Complete Danish, and I'm taking a "class" from a local Dane.  Trouble is, the guy teaching the class isn't a Danish teacher by trade, so he's really speeding through the basics and isn't focusing on much of anything.

Some people recommend Rosetta Stone, but I've also heard that only versions 3 and 4 are worth the money, and they've only made up to version 2 in Danish.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for learning Danish before moving the Denmark?

It's really really hard to learn Danish before you move to DK but if you are still going to do it, I'd stay stick to the grammar, because you can't learn the proper pronunciation before you come here anyway, so don't waste your energy.

Not wanting to discourage you, but unfortunately that's the way it is. Although you hear those tapes and DVD, internet telling you how to pronounce things, it wouldn't stick until you're waist-deep in the environment. Even so many foreigners who have been here for years and years still can't pronounce things properly.

But yeah, I'd call it successful if you come here already knowing how to read and write. Speaking? Be patient with that part

Hi.

I really admire your determination. With that you will be able to lern Danish.

If I was you I would get some Danish movies and TV series, you will be able to listen to the language and the pronunciation. It will also teach you something about Denmark and Danish culture and history.

I know a girl from Bosnia who learnt to speak Danish from "Olsen Banden" movies..

I could recommend movies like: "Brandene Lygter", "Den Eneste Ene", "I Kina Spiser De Hunde", "Festen" (I have not lived in DK for a number of years, these movies are a bit old)

A series like "Matador" is a national treasure and will teach you a lot about history.
"Rejseholdet" is a reward winning crime series.
Well surf around and see what you can get.

You can also try and contact VUC (adult education centre) and find out from them what material they use in their Danish for beginners classes. 

Good Luck with it all.

Regards Sarah