Are you queer/lgbt and moved to Sweden to be with your partner?

My name is Sara Ahlstedt, and I'm a PhD candidate in Migration and Ethnicity Studies at Linköping University. I'm looking for research participants who would be interested in being interviewed for a study exploring queer/lgbt (lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender) relationships in which one of the parties moved to Sweden as an adult because of a relationship with person(s) who live in or are from Sweden.

If this sounds like you, I would be very interested in interviewing you about your experiences.

I'm interested in both those who came to/stayed in Sweden because of a relationship and those who are in a relationship with someone who came to/stayed in Sweden. Both of you are not required to participate in the study - if you are interested, but your partner is not, I'm still interested in hearing from you. You also don't need to be in the relationship anymore.

If you are interested in participating and would like more information, or if you have questions, please get in touch with me at [email protected].

Hey Sara,

I just found this site today and laughed as i saw this post pop up as the most recent Swedish post.  I currently live in the U.S. and have spent the past three months video dating a young man outside of Stockholm. It isn't a 'conventional relationship' but we spend from 2 to 12 hours a day online chatting with video, watching movies simultaneously but separately, and sharing our favorite playlists together. 

I'm flying to Stockholm for 10 days at the end of October as 'first contact' but if things go well, there will be additional visits these next few months with an eye to my moving to Sweden.  So, i don't meet your participant requirements just yet... but will be very interested in the results of your research. 

--jerr

Hey Jerr,

That's really funny, and no, you're right, you don't meet the participant requirements yet, but maybe you will some time next year, who knows? :) In that case, let me know, I'll be interviewing all of next year and possibly in early 2013 as well.

Good luck and have fun on your first visit to Sweden!

Cheers,
Sara