About living in stockholm , bromma

Hi guys , i am sarang - a software test engineer living in INDIA , my company planning for us to send in Sweden in September 2011 for company project activity for 18 months stay ,
can somebody tell how to manage for food , house , travel , shopping in cheap or within less budget , as newcomer may face problem of more expenditure due to new country and lifestyle

how about getting 10000sek/month compensation , with accommodation provided by company and rest on us

please reply in details

Hi shettiwarsarang!

Welcome to Expat.com!
Your message has been moved to the Sweden forum for better visibility ;)

Regards
Armand

hi

Hello ! Riya ,
Thanks for your kind reply ,

our company planing us to send from pune upto 1st september to sweden , our headquarter might be stockholm ,

Sarang @9730477170

Hey,
Travel:
10,000 sounds ok but does this include traveling? Here Sweden has one of best transport where Travel card cost 690 SEK which is valid in whole Stockholm(Train + buses).

See site sl.se(use english Translation)

Clothes:
Since you will be coming in September don't forget to bring lots of warm clothes ,it will be very cold here.

Food:
Food is a problem here a bit(specially if you are vegetarian ). So carry some Masala's and Maggis as well. If you are rice fan carry cooker as well. Better option here is to cook yourself,as its lot cheaper. There are some Indian stores here but you dont get everything here.

Medical:
Here medical is pretty expensive(one doctor visit cost 1600 SEK) don't forget to get the medical insurance(many companies does that though). Get some common medicines like for cold , fever and stomach upset(u need this men). Here you don't get medicine unless u have prescription keep that in mind.No problem in airport they allow this ( always better to carry some prescriptions).

Phone:
Does you company covers this cost?? Here its pretty expensive to call to India. So one option is skype(which I use). You can do Skype calling and rynga.com (this is cheaper).

Please ask this questions to your company.

Have a safe Journey Mate!!! Take Care..

If you need any more help , feel free to mail me on [email protected].

Hi , Mike
Nice to read your reply ,
But my company will provide only accommodation and travel pass at their expenses and either some house for all my team together or either rental apartment type ,
and rest they will pay 10,000sek for individual .

how about to manage in small budget and do more savings for returns to home

don't worry mate then you should be able to save 5k SEK per month unless you do shopping etc.

Travel Pass cost is 690 , so you will be getting 10690 SEK.You should have kitchen in your apartment so you can cook as well ,that will save a lot of money.

ok thanks for your information .