Current situation as of 05-Oct-2011 in Tripoli

In Tripoli life is pretty much normal police have shown up in their white uniform on the streets. Shops opening early in the morning for coffee and cigs!:D Although it's been raining past 2 days and places like Gargaresh and others nearby were flooded I saw a pickup truck sunk only the roof was visible. I remember literally driving my car slowly in the floods which had my tyres sunk :| all in all I feel the country is everyday shifting a gear forward with their post-revolt.

Those of you who are being contacted by your companies to return to work, I'd advise you to not look back if your company is confident about the security situation then so should you be.

My thread is open for questions.

R,
Trex

Thx Trex for you value information and your information will encourage me to back to libya so i will try book my flight to turket then to Tripoli and i wih to be safe there coz i was hesitated and i feel sick about take my decision so i wish Tripoli will be safe like past and i wish to coz TV news scare me about weapons and Qaddafi solider try to retour free citiies like Zawara so i will be in Tripoli nd i wwish it will be safe.
may ask you about if is easy yo fly to Libya through istanbul kindly note my libyan residence still active????

for any update any news let us know.

Regards

Hi Hilton - I bought my ticket to go from istanbul to mitaga tripoli return for 450 euro using turkish airlines for the 18th oct( not possible to make online purchase or phone purchase you have to go directly to a turkish airline office ), but have heard from friends in the last couple of days that the service was good and customs/immigration at tripoli was not difficult. If you have your permit, valid visas etc it should not be a problem

Thx Hamtiltons and i boug tickets already and my visa is Vaild till December 2011 is tat Enough to pass  from turkish immigration???

and i will fly 8 Oct i wish it be easy and safe trip and wish Tripoli be saf too and i pleased to meet you coz i look for british community lon time in Libya coz they are my favourite people anyway wish we still alive in Libya
Regards

Good day! Does anyone know: if i have received an invitation from a company in Libya, with "the numbers" for the visa written on that paper, properly stamped and everything, will i be allowed to enter Libya? The local Libyan embassy said their system is not working and they cannot release visa's in passports.

Thank you for the help and perhaps suggestions.

Make sure that the company issuing the visa in Libya sends someone to the Turkish Airline office here in Tripoli with the copy of the visa and your reservation details so they can enter "OK TO BOARD" message on their system for your ticket.

Once this is done, the airline will let you travel when you show a copy of the visa at the check in counter.

TO be on the safe side, do not just take the word of the people from Libya that they have done this process. You should check and confirm with the airline locally and they should be able to confirm the same.

Siddiqui