Any Romanians in Hyderabad?

Hello everybody!!!

Im not an expat yet but soon I will be....exactly from November 4th.
I will be living in Hyderabad.
My first question would be if there are any Romanians living in Hyderabad? Or any other europeans? (I do not want to discriminate here but I am looking for people who might have had similar life style :) )

Also my bf and I will be moving in a rented place. He told me there is the possibility that people wouldnt want to rent us places because we are unmarried...what are the chances for this to happen?
Are there any other unamrried couple sliving together?

Thank you and best wishes!!!

Hi november_butterfly,

Welcome to Hyderabad.. You said you are coming here on November 4th. That's nice to here :) I am not aware of Romanians in Hyderabad, but there are a lot of Europeans here. Though I am Indian, I have many European friends who are staying here. It will be great to know a Romanian person in Hyderabad now (I do have a couple of Romanian friends, but in UK). It will be great to catch up some time.

- Cheers,
  Karthik

Thank you guys!!!

I will be more than happy to meet u all. Also maybe we can start an expat meeting group...what say?

regards

Hello everybody!

Finally I reached India...took me some days to rest, settle in etc.
I stay in Secunderabad, which i found out its not actually Hyderabad LOL. But they are twin cities as they say so its ok. More exactly in Lake View Colony, near Kapra Lake. Anyone from this area? Cus its pretty far from the Banjara Hills and Jubilee Hills where I know many expats live.
Thanks and keep in touch!

well hello there !!

Welcome to India and Secunderabad.

wow !! I am indian nd i live near Kapra probably 15 min drive. Its near Sainikpuri  Neredmet X Roads. where are you currently working?

Hey November, I came down to India in 2009 after living in Toronto for about 16 years as a child. It was a cool experience. I visit secunderabad sometimes when I am writing my exams. But I was more into visiting parade grounds recently...just to check the scene out. I live in banjara hills as a canadian/indian citizen. Well get back at me if you ever wanna chat. I had a romanian friend in the t.dot his name was johnny gorgescu cool guy...miss him..well anyway hope to hear from you or any other expats. =)

vijju178 wrote:

well hello there !!

Welcome to India and Secunderabad.

wow !! I am indian nd i live near Kapra probably 15 min drive. Its near Sainikpuri  Neredmet X Roads. where are you currently working?

Hi there vijju!

I know the Lake view Colony now pretty well, almost everyday i shop arround 5th Avenue, which is close by Neredmet X Roads. Actually the entrance I take is Second X Road, that takes me to Lake View Colony.
For now Im not working, I am searching for a job, its not easy cus Im a foreigner and obtaining Employment Visa is not easy, besides not many employers like to enter this process....so for now im still searching, but I also would like to do some volunteering in the mean while...do u know any NGO close by that works with volunteers?

Thanks and best wishes!

Hi November,

hope u r njoying ur stay in secunderabad,india.regarding the NGOS u can try the one at Jubilee bus stand near karkhana ..its called HELPAGE or HELPINDIA ( i am unable to recall the actual name) its very famous and has been for years a NGO serving old people  or you could  check this Andhra Pradesh Voluntary Health Association in  Secunderabad near gunrock enclave .you can google these to find the exact address. you could also check the hare rama hare krishna trust at secunderabad.

i know its pretty tough to get jobs in a different country. Good luck!! i will check with my friends as well to see if can get any more info..

Regards
Vijay

Hey Vijay, thanks a loot for the info.
All the best!

Hi November_butterfly welcome to secbad, hope you have fun. the NGO is caled help age india. I was a volunteer of that when i was 14, from my school. Now its been a long long time. busy life, running for money. Hope i get back to it soon. hope you have fun. you can forward your resume to me and your requirements for the job and what salary you expecting. so i will forward it to my friends who are in some organisations. Have a nice time. you send me a personnel msg if you wanna send CV then i will give my email ID.

Hello ,
if you are looking for an NGO then try it out in AIESEC there are many foreigners who come down to do social work in AIESEC and i know a romanian but she is leaving this weekend i guess, if you need more info about AIESEC then jus write to me
regards
Vin

Hey thank u all for your info! I will contact those NGOs, hopefully I will find something. Unfortunately I dont have constant internet access but I guess I can manage like this too.

All the best to everybody!!!!