Planning to moved to India

Hi,
I may be potentially be moving to Hyderabad from London in the next few months though it has yet to be confirmed.
I am basically on a fact finding mission trying to find out as much information as possible. Apologies if some of this information is already on here, I am new to this and not fully up to speed on navigating this site.

Housing
I need to find out first about housing. Ideally somewhere reasonably close to Hightech city, big enough for 2 adults, 1 child and two dogs. Preferably a house/villa, with a private pool even better though I don't know what is available or at what cost?

Schools
I have a 13 year old daughter, I have looked at this there is a few international schools, does anyone have any advice on these?. She is crazy on hockey, I know this is a national sport in India but not sure if girls play it at either the schools or local teams.

Animals
I think I have this covered.

hobbies
I participate in BJJ and MMA is this available near by. I also have been learning Chinese for the last few years and would like to continue learning, is there many Chinese people living in and around Hyderabad.

I appreciate this is a lot of questions, if anyone could help me with even one of these subjects or just point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Peter,

Jubilee Hills should be a good area for you to find a house like you described or Malaysian Township near Miyapur which is very close to Hitech City.

You could join her in any International school like Chirec Public School, Hyderabad Public School, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in Jubilee Hills etc. Hockey unfortunately is not played in many schools except in Kendriya Vidyalaya which is only for children of men / women serving in the Military.

BJJ and MMA ?

Thanks,
Isaac
[email protected]

Thanks for the info Isaac.

BJJ Brazilian jiu jitsu

mma mixed martial arts

Peter, It's My Pleasure.

There is a Krav Maga club in Hyderabad I know of. It's a very active club closer to the Jubilee Hills and Hitech city area.

Would you have any friends in Vienna, Austria. I would be moving there soon.

Thanks,
Isaac

Thanks I will check it out.

No sorry I dont

Hi Peter and welcome to Expat.com!

I created a new topic with your questions on the Hyderbad forum. :)

----------------------------------------

Hello Isaac,

Thank you for your help ;)

Cheers
Christine