Visit visa -> Spouse visa

Hi All!

Some help is needed!

I am joining my hubby to be soon in Ras al Khaimah.
I will get my visit visa upon arrival at Dubai airport, do I need to book a return flight or could it be a one way only? (I'm flying from the Netherlands)
If I do need a return ticket, could the return date be outside of my visit visa 30 day allowance?

Short after my arrival in the UAE we are planning to go to a beautiful island to get married.
After we return we should process the Spouse visa... How does this work?
I assume on my return from this island I will get another visit visa stamp?! Valid for 30 days from that date...

Does the immigration at the airport ask many questions? If so, any tips? Do I need to tell them where I will be staying etc?

Thanks so much in advance for all your help!
I hope without worrying about this, I will sleep better!

x Eva

Hi Eva,

u can come by one way air ticket only no problem about that, then u have 30 days in the UAE.
in the airport immigration officers are not asking any question at all.
and they are not asking where u will stay or an address in UAE.

Congratulation and wish u a happy marriage...

The immigration in Dubai won't ask to see your return ticket, but I doubt very much if they'll let you check in at the airport without a return ticket if you don't already hold a residence visa. The date of the return doesn't matter.

There is no such thing as a Spouse visa in the UAE. Your husband-to-be will apply as the sponsor of your residence visa. In order to do this you will need to have your marriage certificate notarized and attested in the country of issue.

Thank you Sandman6 and Deeplove4u for your responses!